• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers invite XFL player to mini camp

Fitt kept mentioning  XFL players (but he is the only 1 invited) in different  interviews. This makes me think they have been targeting him and may be why we  didn't look at any in the Draft. 

Edited by Lurk21

Jordan Thomas NFL Draft 2018: Scouting Report for Houston Texans' Pick

hi-res-d2fbfe84eee76210eb21028e65c7f2c6_crop_north.jpg

Mississippi State tight end Jordan Thomas (83) catches a pass for a touchdown against Texas A&M during the third quarter of an NCAA college football game on Saturday, Oct. 28, 2017, in College Station, Texas. (AP Photo/Sam Craft)
Sam Craft/Associated Press

POSITIVES

—Height/weight/speed superstar (6'5", 265 pounds, 4.74-second 40-yard dash).

JUCO basketball player that moves well for his massive size.

—Comes back to the ball and makes plays for his quarterback.

—Matchup nightmare for small safeties and slow linebackers.

—Played some offensive tackle and can hold his own as a run- and pass-blocker.

NEGATIVES

—Limited receiving production at Mississippi State.

—Position changes led to him being behind in terms of fundamentals at tight end.

—Height/weight/speed are his best attributes, but they also might be his only attributes.

—For being a massive tight end, he doesn't play or test strong (16 reps on the bench press).

—Can't track the ball or do much up the middle of the field.

OVERALL

Thomas is a big, athletic tight end prospect who hasn't solidified himself into a role. His size makes him an ideal fit as an in-line blocker, but he doesn't play with great strength. His 4.74-second time in the 40 makes he seem like a great athlete, but he wasn't all that productive as a pass-catcher. He isn't likely to hear his name called during the draft, and he may struggle to make a team as a camp signing.

GRADE: 5.00 (Priority Free Agent)

PRO PLAYER COMPARISON: Austin Seferian-Jenkins, Jacksonville Jaguars

Edited by KatsAzz

I’ve literally watched like 5 snaps of XFL football total (cause @Peon Awesome had it on), and one of those was this guy catching like an 80+ yard TD on a fake punt. It was impressive, but also one of those plays that I’m confident would never work in the NFL. Just an incredible combination of confusion, poor tackling, and a lack of athleticism from the DBs who were unable to chase down a guy 80 pounds heavier than them. But hey, that’s exactly the kind of guy you bring in for a tryout, the dude who stands out among his competitors.

Then again, I was super impressed by the performance in the same game from a QB I found out was AJ McCarron, so maybe take my opinion with a grain of salt.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 3