• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A couple more videos about Bryce Young and some way early power rankings

jayboogieman

This one is fairly good and is not even 7 minutes. Shows different throws in different games.

Skip the Peter King video to 35:12 for the Panthers talk if you don't care about his power rankings and Packers talk. The story is just about Reich explaining when they knew Young was the one. Spoilers for his power rankings, Eagles are #1, Chiefs are #2, and he has the Falcons as the top team in the NFCS at #22. The Panthers are #25 behind the Saints at #24. Bucs are #31 if anyone cares.

• Pie 3

7 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

he has the Falcons as the top team in the NFCS at #22

I agree with this... the falcons just need Ridder to be Tannehill. I very much expect Arthur Smith's offense to finally resemeble what he ran while in Tennesee when they were in the playoffs year over year. 

• Pie 2

Just now, Pejorative Miscreant said:

New staff new schemes and brand new rookie QB. This ranking is probably where we should start the season at IMO.  It’s fair. 

Yeah I feel like expectations are way overblown, I hope ownership is patient. I also hope the coaches stick together long enough to build a cohesive culture/org. 

• Pie 5

1 minute ago, TheCasillas said:

I agree with this... the falcons just need Ridder to be Tannehill. I very much expect Arthur Smith's offense to finally resemeble what he ran while in Tennesee when they were in the playoffs year over year. 

I think the Saints should be the top NFCS team since they have the one proven starting level NFL QB in the division. Carr's not great, but he's the best in the division currently. How good the Panthers and Falcons can be will totally depend on their young QBs and coaching staffs. I think the Bucs are just punting until next year when they draft one of the top QBs in next year's draft.

• Beer 1

We were a career day from Mike Evans away from winning the division and we’ve only exponentially improved. The bare bones of Pj Walker, Sam Darnold, limited Steve Wilks and absolutely useless Matt Rhule (smaller part to McAdoo) away from a playoff berth. I’m sorry but I just have a hard time buying into the other NFCS teams. And I’m not one to get overly confident or cocky. I think we’re gonna be in for a treat..

• Pie 4

4 minutes ago, Eric4280 said:

We were a career day from Mike Evans away from winning the division and we’ve only exponentially improved. The bare bones of Pj Walker, Sam Darnold, limited Steve Wilks and absolutely useless Matt Rhule (smaller part to McAdoo) away from a playoff berth. I’m sorry but I just have a hard time buying into the other NFCS teams. And I’m not one to get overly confident or cocky. I think we’re gonna be in for a treat..

I'm expecting the team to not look so great at the beginning of the season with great improvement by the end of the year. 

3 minutes ago, Eric4280 said:

Yeah I think we win the South next year and go somewhere around 10-7.  Like you said, we were at 7-10, one win away from winning the division last year, with the worst QB room in the NFL.  Now all of a sudden we have the #1 overall pick at QB, and a coaching staff that can absolutely maximize his skillset from Day 1.  Im not predicting a SB or anything, but I don't think 10 wins is out of the realm of possibility, with our arrow seriously pointing up moving forward.  Also, if Bryce is successful, and our offense looks good under this All Star coaching staff, it will lure big time Free Agents to Charlotte who want to be part of something special.  I have not been this hopeful for our team since the prime Cam and Luke days.

• Pie 3

The video features teams like Vanderbilt, Utah State, Mississippi St, and Louisiana Monroe. You'd be better off evaluating him off his Mater Dei video. There are only 12 games worth evaluating for Bryce Young to assess his ability to transfer his skills to the NFL. Of these 12 games, he was 60% completions or below in 5 of them and 2 of them he was sub 50%. The 3 valid plays in the video to evaluate come from 2 of Young's Ls and he was 49% completion against LSU. The video featured a desperation play against LSU that was his 1 TD pass, and that is after he had been picked off in the endzone from inside the 10 doing the same style of QB play. In these games, Young threw for just over 1 TD per game on average and his opposing QB threw for more than 2 TDs on average. Young is also a sub 35% conversion rate passer on 3rd down, 4th down, and goal to go.

I believe Peter King has it right with Atlanta having the edge to start the season in the NFC South. The Saints will at least be steady and push for the playoffs with Carr. The Bucs and Panthers could be flipped, but neither will be the worst team in the NFL.

I expect Bryce Young's career to follow a Steve Young with the disadvantage of being smaller. He will be a very intelligent QB who will struggle with his first team and be tossed for a more promising #1 QB (likely Arch Manning in 2026/2027). A successful playoff franchise will pick Young up and keep him as the #2 until they elevate him to be their #1 QB at the age of 30. We will see. Enjoy the ride.

• Poo 1

3 minutes ago, CPantherKing said:

The video features teams like Vanderbilt, Utah State, Mississippi St, and Louisiana Monroe. You'd be better off evaluating him off his Mater Dei video. There are only 12 games worth evaluating for Bryce Young to assess his ability to transfer his skills to the NFL. Of these 12 games, he was 60% completions or below in 5 of them and 2 of them he was sub 50%. The 3 valid plays in the video to evaluate come from 2 of Young's Ls and he was 49% completion against LSU. The video featured a desperation play against LSU that was his 1 TD pass, and that is after he had been picked off in the endzone from inside the 10 doing the same style of QB play. In these games, Young threw for just over 1 TD per game on average and his opposing QB threw for more than 2 TDs on average. Young is also a sub 35% conversion rate passer on 3rd down, 4th down, and goal to go.

I believe Peter King has it right with Atlanta having the edge to start the season in the NFC South. The Saints will at least be steady and push for the playoffs with Carr. The Bucs and Panthers could be flipped, but neither will be the worst team in the NFL.

I expect Bryce Young's career to follow a Steve Young with the disadvantage of being smaller. He will be a very intelligent QB who will struggle with his first team and be tossed for a more promising #1 QB (likely Arch Manning in 2026/2027). A successful playoff franchise will pick Young up and keep him as the #2 until they elevate him to be their #1 QB at the age of 30. We will see. Enjoy the ride.

ice-t hater GIF

• Pie 1

39 minutes ago, CPantherKing said: Of these 12 games, he was 60% completions or below in 5 of them and 2 of them he was sub 50%. The 3 valid plays in the video to evaluate come from 2 of Young's Ls and he was 49% completion against LSU.

What are the stats on the other 5 games?

2022 CMP%

CJ: 66%
BY: 64%

Records set by Young in college:

1st in Alabama single-season passing yards (4,872)

1st in Alabama single-season passing touchdowns (47)

1st in Alabama career five-touchdown games (5)

2nd in Alabama career passing yards (8,356)

2nd in Alabama career passing touchdowns (80)

• Pie 1