• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Rookie Minicamp 5.12

TheCasillas

37 minutes ago, rayzor said:

He looks tiny because that's all you choose to see. That's what you are fuggin fixated on and you don't have to bring it up every damn time. On the field he looks just like everyone else....a football player.

But yeah... That's all you see. A little man. So please tell us a million more times.

Classic Tv Wow GIF by Sony Pictures Television

Funny enough I didn’t think he looked that tiny, I was positively surprised. But I’m more glass half full.

3 hours ago, frankw said:

If someone is still fixated on the pre-draft talking points about Young to the point they can't even get through rookie mini camp I don't really even see the point to bother tuning into any of this at all. Nobody is saying be a drooling homer but if you give off the vibe you are just keeping score waiting for a reason to say I told you so you're no different than the Cam doubters shortly after we drafted him.

Cheers to this my dude.

1 minute ago, BlackPanther22 said:

I’m glad we’re getting the height talk out of our system now so that when OTA’s and camp roll around and Bryce is hopefully carving it up in practice, we can focus on other things. 

Btw, do we know when mini camp starts tmrw?

Good luck with that. 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, CPcavedweller said:

Until he actually plays a game, what is one to do? He looks tiny. That's an objective fact none of you can refute.

I’m not getting involved in this argument but thought it was funny you called one of the most subjective things one can imagine, objective 

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Martin said:

Funny enough I didn’t think he looked that tiny, I was positively surprised. But I’m more glass half full.

He doesn't look all that different from PJ, and I don't recall any major discussion about size being PJ's biggest issue. PJ does have a stronger arm though to be fair

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

He doesn't look all that different from PJ, and I don't recall any major discussion about size being PJ's biggest issue. PJ does have a stronger arm though to be fair

To be fair PJ's primary issue was that he wasn't very good.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

I just don’t know how our coaches, scouts, front office, and all the teams trying to trade up to #1 to draft this guy somehow completely overlooked his height and weight. It’s baffling to me. I mean, if only they had seen him behind an O-Line they could have made the simple observation that at first contact he will break every bone in his body and be concussed ten times on every single hit.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

I hate to continue this topic here but I'm sure most all of us KNOW its going to be something people talk about throughout his career. What I HOPE is that his play becomes the thing MOST talked about (and definitely in a positive way).

The question I have because I didn't look or delve deeply into it but was there this much questioning and concern when Alabama named him their starter? Obviously his size was just as much a thing then and in the big bad SEC as it is now. How did Saban approach the topic when Young took that job? How did fans take it when he was named starter and how long did it take them to look beyond it? Just curious.

2 minutes ago, BombzAway said:

I hate to continue this topic here but I'm sure most all of us KNOW its going to be something people talk about throughout his career. What I HOPE is that his play becomes the thing MOST talked about (and definitely in a positive way).

The question I have because I didn't look or delve deeply into it but was there this much questioning and concern when Alabama named him their starter? Obviously his size was just as much a thing then and in the big bad SEC as it is now. How did Saban approach the topic when Young took that job? How did fans take it when he was named starter and how long did it take them to look beyond it? Just curious.

It was the same. Nobody thought his body could stand up to the SEC and the the small cali kid with all the talent wouldn’t last a year. 

20 minutes ago, BombzAway said:

The size concerns won't die here until Young is winning because some people are butthurt when we didn't chose  the QB they wanted.  If we are losing, any Young mistakes/hiccups/injuries will be blamed on his size.  If we are winning, the "size concerns" will die down.

PJ Walker was on this team last year and next to no one was complaining about his size.  How often before the games were people terrified that PJ might get hurt?  Most of the jokes were about he how he "never lost".

• Pie 1