• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Draft lottery talk

CamWhoaaCam

If we don’t trade #2 for a haul or draft Scoot, we are stupid and don’t understand leverage.

I have preferred Miller up until this past week - as we’ve seen all of these crazy leaks about teams desperately wanting Scoot (Pelicans, Blazers, many others).

Even if you prefer Miller…you have to take Scoot at this point.

Blazers have zero leverage here.  If they draft Scoot, Lillard is gone.  And if they want Scoot that bad, they have to trade up one spot.

It’s been a long time since a team has had as much leverage at #2 that we do tonight.

And for the Miller lovers (I’m one)…what does Portland do if we draft Scoot?  Lol.  We could later offer them Scoot for Miller and other assets.  Or how about a package with Dame?

Hopefully Kup and MJ have been playing the game correctly all along, saying Miller is the pick, despite teams apparently ready to throw proven stars and picks out there for Scoot.

If you don’t get stars and picks for #2, just pick Scoot and field all offers.  

This has to be a franchise-changing move, not just adding a 19 year old.  I love Miller’s shooting but you can’t draft him at #2 tonight.

• Pie 3

1 minute ago, HardcoreHokie said:

If we don’t trade #2 for a haul or draft Scoot, we are stupid and don’t understand leverage.

I have preferred Miller up until this past week - as we’ve seen all of these crazy leaks about teams desperately wanting Scoot (Pelicans, Blazers, many others).

Even if you prefer Miller…you have to take Scoot at this point.

Blazers have zero leverage here.  If they draft Scoot, Lillard is gone.  And if they want Scoot that bad, they have to trade up one spot.

It’s been a long time since a team has had as much leverage at #2 that we do tonight.

And for the Miller lovers (I’m one)…what does Portland do if we draft Scoot?  Lol.  We could later offer them Scoot for Miller and other assets.  Or how about a package with Dame?

Hopefully Kup and MJ have been playing the game correctly all along, saying Miller is the pick, despite teams apparently ready to throw proven stars and picks out there for Scoot.

If you don’t get stars and picks for #2, just pick Scoot and field all offers.  

This has to be a franchise-changing move, not just adding a 19 year old.  I love Miller’s shooting but you can’t draft him at #2 tonight.

Nothing Kup and MJ have done give me any faith that this will be handled correctly.

We will take Miller and be done with it. 

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, HardcoreHokie said:

Well the best we can do is Zion from the reports.

They wanted Brandon Ingram. I think the Hornets are looking for a wing if they can get it. I think if they could get #3 spot and get Miller + assets would be the goal.

Otherwise I think they just take Scoot at #2 if they can't get Ingram.

• Pie 1