• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Canes vs Panthers Eastern Conf Finals Game 1 Thursday 8pm

4 hours ago, Rocky Davis said:

Canes played sloppy pretty much all night, it was not even a good performance.  Freddie and luck kept us in this game.  Uncharacteristic neutral zone turnovers and so much icing....I thought we were trying to make a cake.

This was the kind of game that we would have stolen if we won....we didn't and the boys need to find their A game now.  They played hard, but terrible decision making across the entire game.

A lot of the icing calls, At least in regulation were bogus. Obviously not all. But a chunk of them were past the redline, tipped by us and still called icing, definitely within reach of a Florida player, etc. 

• Beer 1

12 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Concerning we couldn’t score at full power. Glad I didn’t stay up. May be just one game but I am concerned if we can’t score normally. Guess we didn’t have it. 

We hit a lot of posts last night 5 on 5. We have to adjust to bobs size. 

• Pie 1

We shouldve won 5-2 with the posts we hit. But we were too sloppy in our own zone and Florida will capitalize on our mistakes eventually. We need to stop hitting posts and start putting the puck in the back of the net and be more crisp with the puck in our zone.

Edited by KillerKat
  • Pie 2

1 minute ago, USDepartmentOfSavagery said:

They have to score 5v5 or this is going to be a quick series I’m afraid.

We got a lot of chances last night. I will say for the part I watched we were the better team 5v5. We had them clogged up and nowhere to go. A few mistakes cost us winning the game in regulation. We have to dial in our shot so we don’t just keep finding the post. 

Florida is quite possibly the 5th best team in the East. But, that's why there's a playoff system.

Let's be real. The time off cost Carolina. They lost their legs after the 2nd OT, the lines weren't clicking at all and the entire team didn't look like themselves. There were comments during the game alluding to how good Carolina was. I didn't see it. The Canes would have been better served to have the OT goal count and go home with a loss. Playing another 2 hours or so only makes the loss worse than what it was. 

I think RBA got out-coached last night and he overthought tweaking the lines, thinking he could create matchup issues much like what he did against NJ. Florida is not NJ. I don't think the lines need to be tweaked. Tkachuk was invisible last night until a defensive mistake was made. Barkov is who he is and will get his against Carolina- he always has.

Florida's blue line is not good. Their best defensemen is no better than the Canes bottom pair. And, it's not a complicated defense. They pack the middle and play house. Canes need to cycle more and stop with the cross ice passes that always seem to be intercepted or tipped. Outside in and top to bottom.

Regardless, I said the Canes were thru Round 1 and out in Round 2 and here they are. So anything positive in this series is okay with me. I have no expectations.

• Pie 1

14 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

Florida is quite possibly the 5th best team in the East. But, that's why there's a playoff system.

Let's be real. The time off cost Carolina. They lost their legs after the 2nd OT, the lines weren't clicking at all and the entire team didn't look like themselves. There were comments during the game alluding to how good Carolina was. I didn't see it. The Canes would have been better served to have the OT goal count and go home with a loss. Playing another 2 hours or so only makes the loss worse than what it was. 

I think RBA got out-coached last night and he overthought tweaking the lines, thinking he could create matchup issues much like what he did against NJ. Florida is not NJ. I don't think the lines need to be tweaked. Tkachuk was invisible last night until a defensive mistake was made. Barkov is who he is and will get his against Carolina- he always has.

Florida's blue line is not good. Their best defensemen is no better than the Canes bottom pair. And, it's not a complicated defense. They pack the middle and play house. Canes need to cycle more and stop with the cross ice passes that always seem to be intercepted or tipped. Outside in and top to bottom.

Regardless, I said the Canes were thru Round 1 and out in Round 2 and here they are. So anything positive in this series is okay with me. I have no expectations.

I disagree on the canes not playing good. We dominated them for a majority of regulation in terms of shut down. We got fuged by the linesmen for shitty icing calls. Same thing happened to Toronto too. And that line is a big part of our game.

Unfortunately, I did not make it past 2OT so that part I can’t speak to.  But we clogged their lanes and had possession most of the early game. Which does play into what a lot of commentators thought Florida was going to do, let us possess and beat us down. But I think we did outbox them over all. All the above is not to make excuses, it’s just what I saw. 

I disagree on rod too. Then again it’s hard to beat someone doing bumps behind the bench. Only thing I would have done different is put TT with Aho. Aho needs TT to elevate his game. So we can agree he might have leaned a little to hard into shutdown by putting TT on 3. I’d like us to come out with a(fug it) line of TT - Aho - Necas(god damn I wish I could say svech) tomorrow. Good luck trying to stop that Florida. Even if we have to sacrifice one good defensive pair to allow them success. 

Overall, I think the canes will get back up and stomp the panthers tomorrow. I think we need to run Raants in net and give Freddie the rest he needs. 7 periods of hockey is going to weigh heavily on both teams, so the ice is going to be open. And we need Aho to show why he’s the second best player on our team. 

(everything else I agree with outside of no expectations, come hell or high water I think the canes win the cup this year or next, and if next it wasn’t for a lack of trying. They are going to be rock solid and pissed off next year)

Edited by Harbingers