• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Canes vs Panthers Eastern Conf Finals Game 1 Thursday 8pm

Bob did an outstanding job preventing rebound shots and tip-ins. Canes have to open up his net 5 on 5 like they did on the PP. It’s self proving that a 4 OT game could have gone either way, just went the wrong way.

Freddie kept us in this game so props to him. I thought Turbos puck handling was shaky even when he wasn’t pressured, hope he’s got that worked out for the next game or Mac goes in.

• Pie 2

6 minutes ago, DavidEng said:

Bob did an outstanding job preventing rebound shots and tip-ins. Canes have to open up his net 5 on 5 like they did on the PP. It’s self proving that a 4 OT game could have gone either way, just went the wrong way.

Freddie kept us in this game so props to him. I thought Turbos puck handling was shaky even when he wasn’t pressured, hope he’s got that worked out for the next game or Mac goes in.

TT needs to be on the Aho line where he’s comfortable.

10 minutes ago, DavidEng said:

Freddie did a great job.

• Pie 2

4 hours ago, Harbingers said:

A lot of the icing calls, At least in regulation were bogus. Obviously not all. But a chunk of them were past the redline, tipped by us and still called icing, definitely within reach of a Florida player, etc. 

Totally agree, but they saw how the refs were calling it and kept doing it.  You have to adjust sometimes....

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Harbingers said:

We got a lot of chances last night. I will say for the part I watched we were the better team 5v5. We had them clogged up and nowhere to go. A few mistakes cost us winning the game in regulation. We have to dial in our shot so we don’t just keep finding the post. 

I think that waxed and waned. Some periods they definitely dominated us on the 5x5 but I think our peak performance in 5x5 was better than theirs.

We just needed them to go in and that didn't happen.

And, Freddie played pretty well but one of those goals was just flat out an easy one. He can't make those mistakes. That goes for this series or the next(hopefully). Every round the intensity ramps up and the margin for error gets smaller.

I’ve said this several times, you can’t win the playoffs with just two goals a game, even with our defense, have to get 3+. Canes did that against the devils but this is a tougher challenge. I really believe we can score more and the next game will have to show it. 

Freddie stopped 57 out of 60 shots, that’s an outstanding .950 save percentage. If your asking for more than that your trying to put it all on one man.

Edited by DavidEng
  • Beer 1