• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

“Supporters Section” for Panthers

NAS

Just now, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

I mean, you have a student section at college games. I think the NFL could easily work with teams to figure out how to place a section into each team's stadium, where the rowdiest of the rowdy could gather.

Right!  Charlotte FC has these priced especially low

48 minutes ago, PanthersATL said:

Biggest difference would be that NFL rules state no outside noisemakers are allowed, vs Soccer's use of drums and horns by fans during game action.

I don’t think they use noisemakers that much. It’s primarily all vocal

40 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Yeah the offense actually wants the home crowd to shut the fug up when they're calling a play so it's a bit different dynamic

Well the Supporters section would presumably know when to turn it up and when to be quiet 

Hard to coordinate in football when there's so much downtime between action and specific moments when crowd noise hurts the team. You gotta remember that not everyone in the stadium is actually following the game. In soccer you can just show up and yell for 90 minutes straight and it helps the home team. 

A specific section dedicated like that would be tough with PSL holders in said section having to be displaced. And I dunno how well that’d go over/how much revenue they would lose if those PSL holders said no and walked away. 

Not to mention all the NFL rules about noise makers and such. 

Getting the team where they want them to be and the fans in the stands excited, the whole stadium would be like the FC supporters section. 

Hope it’ll happen. Cuz I miss the stadium with that energy. 

1 hour ago, RoaringRiot said:

Basically a decade. 

Edit: to be clear, I mean conversations with the team

I remember an article from 2020 where it said you were doing it. Was that a 1 time thing or has it continued?

7 minutes ago, csx said:

Ah. Ok. Yeah. I recall reading that as well. 

I think it was mostly due to the covid thing… but, who knows. (Well, we know who knows… but, I digress)