• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Canes vs Panthers ECF game 2 Saturday 8pm

Yeah I think we steal one at least in Florida but it's tough the rest of the way. Expect some line changes. Expect Freddie. 

I'm mostly pissed that we literally fuged ourselves in the corner to end it. Just fug man, can you get shittier luck? That play is literally non-existent if we're not tripping each other in the corner.

• Pie 3

3 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Ya, I thought at first him getting no lift on the pucks was just fatigue. But I think you are right. He’s hasn’t been lifting his arms high hardly at all. 

Yeah, Staal almost always gets 3-4 hits in a game - he is solid and lays good, legal checks.  Something isn't right because he had 3 or 4 chances to lay into some Panthers and he didn't. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Rocky Davis said:

Jarvis, Turbo, and Necas are Top 6 talent.  (Turbo when healthy, his rhythm is definitely off and he doesn't need to be on Staal's line).

Skjei and Pesce are 2nd tier D lineman and Chatty could be put on a 2nd pair I believe.

We have more talent than you give us credit for.

Jarvis is debatable (he has had a great series so far). Necas was pretty much a fourth liner until this year (I hope he can keep it up). And turbo is a good playmaker and solid defender, but he's not a goal scorer.

Skjei and pesce are solid, but both are pretty awful with the puck. They badly struggle against forechecks. Chatfield is solid, but again also struggles with forechecks.

I'll put it this way, I think if those players you mentioned above were on different teams, I think their stats would be much worse. I think they do well in our system and that helps them to look better than they actually are.

2 minutes ago, Rocky Davis said:

Yeah, Staal almost always gets 3-4 hits in a game - he is solid and lays good, legal checks.  Something isn't right because he had 3 or 4 chances to lay into some Panthers and he didn't. 

I think there was one point in game one where he grimaced and looked like he was in pain. I'm curious if that possible injury is the reason why

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Drury over Jarvis?

Fug me, I left out Jarvis and Noesen

So

Svech - Aho - Patches

Turbo - KK - Necas

Marty - Staal - Fast

Noesen - Stastny - Jarvis

Kase rotating in.

That’s a massive difference in what we have now. I don’t see how any team could overcome losing two first liners.

Edited by MillionDollarCam
  • Pie 3

13 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Ya, I’m not sure why everyone is getting so emotional here. It’s not like we are getting blown out. These have been to serious forecheck defensive battles. These teams are evenly matched. They just happened to get the goal in OT.

They still count those as losses

Fact is we are down 2 with two road games coming up, the odds are not in our favor.

5 minutes ago, PleaseCutStewart said:

This right here 

Our first two series win speaks louder about how terrible the Islanders and devils are than anything else. Yes, injuries definitely derailed us - but we still needed another scorer or two at the deadline

Neither of those teams are terrible, the Canes have been playing well.  Both of these games could have gone either way, it's not even close to being like the Rangers series last year.  The team isn't playing as well as they did against the Devils, but they have played well enough to be up 2-0 or tied 1-1.  Bob is locked in and we've seen what he can do when he gets in these zones.  Just have to keep plugging....

You guys are throwing this team under the bus a little and it's not warranted. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, SZ James (banned) said:

They still count those as losses

Fact is we are down 2 with two road games coming up, the odds are not in our favor.

I agree. It’s going to be an uphill battle from here on out for sure. Especially since we were gassed this entire game. We still were skating but you could see the decision making and stick work was off. Both teams were falling all over each other in the poo ton of board battles too. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

5 minutes ago, Rocky Davis said:

Neither of those teams are terrible, the Canes have been playing well.  Both of these games could have gone either way, it's not even close to being like the Rangers series last year.  The team isn't playing as well as they did against the Devils, but they have played well enough to be up 2-0 or tied 1-1.  Bob is locked in and we've seen what he can do when he gets in these zones.  Just have to keep plugging....

You guys are throwing this team under the bus a little and it's not warranted. 

If It had been a goal on a Canes PP in OT we would be talking about how Raanta was locked in.  A penalty and blown defense is what did us in.

Were back to where we usually are with the injuries, having trouble scoring. Devils style of play allowed us to score tons but was a little false hope.

Edited by DavidEng
  • Beer 1