• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL insider: Brian Burns' extension could be close to Myles Garrett's deal

12 hours ago, carpanfan96 said:

Peppers was elite. Thanks, come again. Bye bye now. 

Burns is either already elite, stats say so pass rushing wise or right on the cusp of it. Fits better as an edge in a 3-4 defense, finally has a dc that's going to be aggressive and out him in position as a rusher as well. 

20230528_212558.jpg

It’s your right to be wrong. 

11 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

A GM offered 2 1st round picks for this non elite player.

Either you don't know football or you just don't know football.

Which one is it?

That means nothing. Many teams have overpayed for non-elite players. Burns is fine, not elite. 
Insulting my football knowledge is dumb. 

2 hours ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

That means nothing. Many teams have overpayed for non-elite players. Burns is fine, not elite. 
Insulting my football knowledge is dumb. 

I agree insulting your football knowledge is dumb. Cuz your football knowledge is pretty much non existent.

You add nothing to this forum but comic relief. Stay in your lane.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

On 5/28/2023 at 1:17 PM, Smithers said:

Let him Play this year and see if he becomes a more complete player with proper coaching in his new role.  If so, tag him (currently 20M) then make him prove it for a second year.  Then sign long term if he shows he can be a 3 down player effectively 

This ain’t Madden 

• Beer 1

Burns is the best we have for sure and not a bad player at all but I dont think we can compare him to Julius Peppers. He was something else all together and a freak of nature that teams had to plan for and QB's would have to watch out for on every play. We will probably have to overpay for Burns when the time comes unfortunately. I just dont see how we can comp[are Burns to Peppers at all. Pepp is hall of fame, Burns is good but I dont see him currently as hall of fame or on a hall of fame track per say

37 minutes ago, Ricky Prickles said:

Burns is the best we have for sure and not a bad player at all but I dont think we can compare him to Julius Peppers. He was something else all together and a freak of nature that teams had to plan for and QB's would have to watch out for on every play. We will probably have to overpay for Burns when the time comes unfortunately. I just dont see how we can comp[are Burns to Peppers at all. Pepp is hall of fame, Burns is good but I dont see him currently as hall of fame or on a hall of fame track per say

Mono took out peppers for a season and a half.  Pep was in another stratosphere when he was on.    

• Beer 1

7 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Mono took out peppers for a season and a half.  Pep was in another stratosphere when he was on.    

I said Peppers is the GOAT Panther.

6'7 280 and dude was scoring TD's on defense whenever he got a turnover. He was something special.

Burns is what? 25. He isn't elite but he is a good pass rusher and is learning to be much better against the run.  He is a probowler and will get paid as such. As long as we manage the guaranteed money we can pay him a boatload which he will see if he keeps improving or may not see all of it if he drops off.  I wish more contracts were incentive based.

• Pie 1