• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Young is officially the starting QB.

pantherclaw

5 hours ago, Pejorative Miscreant said:

Good post. I think this staff values the protection piece and somehow Rhule managed to leave us with a strong core of linemen. I think Mays and Zavala are good mid/late round pickups  that a team should always be looking for to keep the cupboard full. 

Fitterer*

• Pie 2

On 6/15/2023 at 1:54 PM, tukafan21 said:

Any word on when he'll be signing his contract?

Not that I'm all too concerned, but I've never understood why so many first round picks take forever to get their rookie deals worked out now that there is the rookie scale in place.

I know it's usually around offset language, but feel like that generally doesn't become a tough point in contract talks for players going in the Top 5, usually the teams just assume it won't be needed and don't argue over it.  It's the guys in the 5-15ish range that usually haggle over it.

He will sign before training camp starts and that’s all that matters. 

14 hours ago, ladypanther said:

Starting them and developing them are 2 different things.

And? Rhule sucked, we know that but one thing that was blatantly not true is that he somehow didn’t play rookies. TMJ, Iky, Horn, Brown, BC, Tremble, Taylor, Pride, Chinn, YGM, Hubbard, Smith and maybe a couple more all played significant minutes as rookies not counting injuries and many started day 1. That was the only point I made, nothing in my post about development.

I truly have no idea if Rhule was any good at development. We laud Brown, Chinn, Iky and Horn and say they are top talent and he was the coach. Would they be even better? No one can say, yet. We traded away a lot of good picks so did we hit on good players after the first and Rhule ruined them or are they just mediocre talent? We’ll know better on a couple of them this year. 

1 hour ago, WhoKnows said:

That was the only point I made, nothing in my post about development.

Did not mean to imply that you did.  I am just saying merely starting players is not enough.  Have no idea who said that he did not start rookies.

Am excited to see how these players do this year with experienced NFL coaches and better schemes, game plans, etc.

Defending Rhule is admirable I guess but you will not get much buy-in here for obvious reasons.

Edited by ladypanther
  • Beer 2

1 hour ago, ladypanther said:

Did not mean to imply that you did.  I am just saying merely starting players is not enough.  Have no idea who said that he did not start rookies.

Am excited to see how these players do this year with experienced NFL coaches and better schemes, game plans, etc.

Defending Rhule is admirable I guess but you will not get much buy-in here for obvious reasons.

I will give Rhule credit for one thing. The talent level on this team is miles ahead of where it was when he got here. He just never really figured out how to get the very best out of them.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

2 hours ago, ladypanther said:

SMH. Not defending Rhule at all. Sometimes I really wonder about reading comprehension around here. I said 2 things. One was that Rhule played rookies a lot and never hampered them by not playing them and the second was that we truly don’t know if he was horrible at player development.

Given how much we laud our last 3 first rounders and Chinn (also Burns became a pro bowler under Rhule), maybe he wasn’t that bad or maybe they’ll be first team all pros with the new staff. No other players in the 2020-2022 drafts are so talented that we truly know if Rhule sucked developing them or that we over drafted them. Considering we took TMJ over Humphrey and Deonte and a long snapper over Trey Smith when we were desperate for OL in 2021, I’m honestly on the side of drafting poorly, in which Rhule was absolutely involved. Personally, I don’t think we are hiding studs. I’d say odds are 99% that our success and failure has to do with Young and the coaches and 1% with the chance that we have multiple hidden pro-bowlers that will be developed by the new staff.I’m excited about Young and the proven talent we have, not so much the long shots people think Rhule ruined.

Didn’t want to start its own thread, but curious about Panthers jerseys.

is this the updated Process Blue authentic?

Also, do we think this will be the jersey for the next couple of years? Even if it’s until ‘25…would hate for them to update it next year after dropping 3 bills on this.

IMG_2571.thumb.jpeg.ad6ddef7d8084b1684a7f4fff0946c1e.jpeg

Edited by Soul Rebel

7 hours ago, ladypanther said:

This^

You got me, but context matters. I am not defending him as being a good coach. I was “defending” him there by correcting a misstatement, that he held players back by not playing them. That was a reply to another person on playing time (he was wrong) that you turned into player development.

On 6/9/2023 at 2:51 PM, pantherclaw said:

If Corral is still on this team at any point where he'd be the main backup, then our coach would have done him a great disservice. 

I agree completely

On 6/9/2023 at 2:51 PM, pantherclaw said:

If Corral is still on this team at any point where he'd be the main backup, then our coach would have done him a great disservice. 

I may be in the minority, but I suspect Reich suggested to Corral to use the next year to grow and learn. If traded to another team he would be a project for that team as well. It is possible Dalton may move on after this year. Last year was a lost year for Corral for several reasons. 

• Pie 3

16 minutes ago, Stuart Smith said:

I agree completely

I may be in the minority, but I suspect Reich suggested to Corral to use the next year to grow and learn. If traded to another team he would be a project for that team as well. It is possible Dalton may move on after this year. Last year was a lost year for Corral for several reasons. 

I would think his agent has looked at the staff assembled  and that shows his best bet to learn n grow.  Itd be his best bet to develop here versus  constantly getting the boot. Scott  probably  also spoke up for him. Matt got the worse possible  scenario. Drafted  by a lame duck coach at the 1 position  that his coaching life absolutely  depended on. 

• Pie 3