• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Potential trade

Lurk21

3 hours ago, carpanfan96 said:

Right now it would be for Ingram, another player and the 14th for the 2nd and Hayward if Charlotte bit on it. Think that's the only way it happens. 

And I'm down. Moving on from Hayward is a step.  We need to take several steps in a different direction. 

• Beer 1

48 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Im convinced you just don't watch the NBA.

Brandon Ingram literally made the allstar team just a year ago and when healthy he is a top 10 scorer in this league.

Cmon bro if you just a casual fan just say it. But you can't make statements like this and expect people to take your basketball analysis seriously.

I knew that would go over somebody’s head, chill. It was a joke in reference to Mitch trading our #13 pick last year for the literal last pick in the first and 4 second round picks, so basically 5 second round picks. If you think my idea was dumb (it is), take it up with Mitch “there’s a limit to how many young players you can bring on a team and expect to make a jump” Kupchak. Clearly the most prudent thing to do is trade a quarter for five pennies because we have so much incredible young talent on this roster.

I just want Mitch taking way more heat for this.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

If we ended up with Scoot and Miller while also keeping Melo and Williams I will name my next dog "Shocker".

Seriously it isn’t beyond doable.  Portland would be looking for future picks for the days without Lillard and putting a few good players with possibly expiring contracts on the roster while shedding some salaries.  This would be an incredibly bold move by a very conservative Kupchik so I doubt it but I like this idea.

1 hour ago, mickeye76 said:

And I'm down. Moving on from Hayward is a step.  We need to take several steps in a different direction. 

Haywards worth is that his contract will expire atp.  It is worth a good deal honestly but we would be taking back debt in salary from the other team.

5 hours ago, MillionDollarCam said:

I’d want Zion and even then I’d also want their 14th pick because gambling on Zion’s health in and of itself is worth the 14th pick.

The safer option is taking Henderson or Miller and trying to develop them into a star. If the Hornets don’t feel like they can do that then they need to self-reflect on why and make the needed corrections (i.e. coaching changes, front office changes, etc.).

Zion, Trey Murphy or CJ and 14 for number 2.. Maybe even add some future 1st round picks..

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, Wanderlai said:

Zion is a bust. He prefers eating over playing basketball. Hard pass. 

I think he prefers something else lol.

Also we need to stop trading expirings and getting poo contracts back in return. Just let Gordon play out this season

• Flames 1