• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Previewing "The Blueprint "

Mr. Scot

On 6/17/2023 at 2:19 PM, Pejorative Miscreant said:

45 second clip of blueprint >entire 3 years of Matt Rhule “process”

I get that it doesn’t guarantee success or wins but it’ is a refreshing change. 

Compare the NFL experience on Rhule’s staff to the current staff, and it’s not hard to get excited even just by the prospect of having some talented NFL minds in the building. I still can’t for the life of me understand what Tepper was thinking by giving Rhule the keys to the franchise. We’re lucky he didn’t f*ck things up more than he did. 

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, hepcat said:

Compare the NFL experience on Rhule’s staff to the current staff, and it’s not hard to get excited even just by the prospect of having some talented NFL minds in the building. I still can’t for the life of me understand what Tepper was thinking by giving Rhule the keys to the franchise. We’re lucky he didn’t f*ck things up more than he did. 

Those were some Michelin Star Meatballs. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, hepcat said:

Over the last ten years (actually longer when you factor in Fox and Rivera were the same style coach), we've gone from a coaching philosophy where the everybody knew what the game plan was going to be, and wins or losses were determined by raw talent, execution, the opponent's ability to develop a game plan to neutralize it, and some breaks (penalties, turnovers) to one where the game plan usually made little sense and did not factor in what our own players did well or poorly (trying to prove they were smarter than everybody else), back to the predictable and dependent on talent, execution, and breaks, to what we hope are game plans and tactics built around our talent with wrinkles thrown in based on what the opponent does well or poorly.  Who knows, maybe it will even have us thinking the staff stole a win or two during the season, something I don't ever remember thinking?

The Fox/Rivera/Wilks style will consistently produce mediocrity with some success and failure sprinkled in to keep fans interested from time to time.  If the team has enough talent, it can produce a championship on some odd year.

The Process style produces frustration among the team and fans, and chuckles from the rest of the league. 

We'll see how the ride in the Reich era goes, but at least it offers hope and coaches that have done it successfully have produced a lot of wins.

In short, there is hope based on the team and not just a small handful of players.

• Pie 1

53 minutes ago, Sgt Schultz said:

Over the last ten years (actually longer when you factor in Fox and Rivera were the same style coach), we've gone from a coaching philosophy where the everybody knew what the game plan was going to be, and wins or losses were determined by raw talent, execution, the opponent's ability to develop a game plan to neutralize it, and some breaks (penalties, turnovers) to one where the game plan usually made little sense and did not factor in what our own players did well or poorly (trying to prove they were smarter than everybody else), back to the predictable and dependent on talent, execution, and breaks, to what we hope are game plans and tactics built around our talent with wrinkles thrown in based on what the opponent does well or poorly.  Who knows, maybe it will even have us thinking the staff stole a win or two during the season, something I don't ever remember thinking?

The Fox/Rivera/Wilks style will consistently produce mediocrity with some success and failure sprinkled in to keep fans interested from time to time.  If the team has enough talent, it can produce a championship on some odd year.

The Process style produces frustration among the team and fans, and chuckles from the rest of the league. 

We'll see how the ride in the Reich era goes, but at least it offers hope and coaches that have done it successfully have produced a lot of wins.

In short, there is hope based on the team and not just a small handful of players.

Game planning isn't as necessary at the college level because as often as not, you're going to have one team that just has a real edge in talent over the other. By the second half, all you have to do is just keep doing what you're already doing.

I'd say that's a big reason why The Meatball just didn't get it 😖

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1

3 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Game planning isn't as necessary at the college level because as often as not, you're going to have one team that just has a real edge in talent over the other. By the second half, all you have to do is just keep doing what you're already doing.

I'd say that's a big reason why The Meatball just didn't get it 😖

Good point, although I don't know that The Process was ever leading a program good enough to breathe that air.  Then again, it is not as much how good his programs were against all other competition, just against the ones he faced consistently. 

Regardless, he never showed any competency or interest in doing that here.  The NFL is not generally about motivating players to be their best, it's about devising schemes that put them in a position to be their best.  In my 17 years as a Panther fan, I have not seen our staffs do that.  Hopefully until this season.

• Beer 2