• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Best Player in the NFL Currently

KingKucci

4 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If there was a league wide open draft I'd honestly be surprised if 32 out of 32 GMs wouldn't take Mahomes if they had the #1 overall pick.

Correct.  Mods can lock this thread now, any other answer is foolish.

I do think best player is different than most valuable. A QB will always be MVP in the current era and that's Mahomes. But I don't think best player is necessarily a QB. In years past I'd say Donald had a legit argument for best player but he's fallen off a bit while Mahomes has continued to get even better and do more with less. So I still go with Mahomes as being the best player but not just because he's the best QB. I think he's that much better at his position than any other player is at theirs. If Donald were still in his prime it'd be a toss up. Also I'd put prime Luke up there.

As much as I wish it could be a player from another position, it has to be a QB and that QB right now is Mahomes, hands down. Not sure there's another person in the league with more control of the games he plays in than Mahomes. 

Brady, Montana, Marino, Staubach, Unitas, Graham... I don't think any of them were quite as dominant in each game as he is.

On 7/18/2023 at 8:37 AM, KatsAzz said:

I would say Mahomes is the current best  and will be until another player steps up for the honor.

Just imagine the bidding wars if he ever decides to test free agency, you will have owners mortgaging all there properties to get him , we could see billion dollar offers 

• Pie 1