• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Next Steps...Assessing the Team

saX man

People would hate it, but try to sign Bridges to a team friendly longer term deal while his value is low. If Bridges would go for it. If he plays well the team either has a young player on a good contract or an extremely valuable trade asset. That’s the type of thing that can set up long term sustained success.

Also the obvious fire Mitch and Cliff for the love of all that is good. But at this point the team has already missed out on several good coaches by dragging their feet.

• Pie 2

On 6/25/2023 at 8:45 AM, WUnderhill said:

People would hate it, but try to sign Bridges to a team friendly longer term deal while his value is low. If Bridges would go for it. If he plays well the team either has a young player on a good contract or an extremely valuable trade asset. That’s the type of thing that can set up long term sustained success.

Also the obvious fire Mitch and Cliff for the love of all that is good. But at this point the team has already missed out on several good coaches by dragging their feet.

Agree. Set this franchise up for long term, sustainable success. This roster ain't bad if healthy. Could be fun to watch. We need a new coach desperately. 

• Pie 2

17 hours ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Two years from now, a starting lineup of Ball - Miller - Bridges - Washington - Williams could be very good.

We can win 45 games this year if the Roster buys into defense the way they finished last season.

On 6/25/2023 at 8:45 AM, WUnderhill said:

Its not every day we get a player of Bridges' caliber on our team.  I think we have to try and keep him around.

Looks like the team will pretty much be last years team outside of bringing back Bridges and adding Miller. Just not any roster spots available unless we trade some guys.

G - Ball, Smith Jr. (Nick), Maledon (received a QO)

G - Rozier, Miller, Bouknight

F - Bridges (received a QO), Hayward, Martin, McGowens

F - Washington (received a QO), Thor, Jones

C - Williams, Richards

Non-Guaranteed Contract - Kobi Simmons

Two- Way Contract - Xavier Sneed, Leaky Black

And I haven’t even mentioned Amari Bailey who I imagine they’ll try to stash in the G-League and James Nnaji who will probably stay in Spain.

Just no slots available unless we start moving some of these guys out.

7 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Looks like the team will pretty much be last years team outside of bringing back Bridges and adding Miller. Just not any roster spots available unless we trade some guys.

G - Ball, Smith Jr. (Nick), Maledon (received a QO)

G - Rozier, Miller, Bouknight

F - Bridges (received a QO), Hayward, Martin, McGowens

F - Washington (received a QO), Thor, Jones

C - Williams, Richards

Non-Guaranteed Contract - Kobi Simmons

Two- Way Contract - Xavier Sneed, Leaky Black

And I haven’t even mentioned Amari Bailey who I imagine they’ll try to stash in the G-League and James Nnaji who will probably stay in Spain.

Just no slots available unless we start moving some of these guys out.

I think Rozier will likely get traded to open up playing time for Miller.

• Pie 1