• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2023 Charlotte Hornets Summer League

3 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I missed the end. What happened?

Crazy and 1 athletic layup and he ended with 3 straight 3's.

He's legit dude just had to get the jitters out. Once he has a pg who will pass him the ball he's going to be a problem.

Nick Smith Jr is a damn ballhog.smh

• Pie 2

Just now, MillionDollarCam said:

Brandon Miller finished with 18 points (5-11), 5 rebounds, 3 assists, 1 steal, and 1 block.

I’ll take that stat line every day of the week. And that’s with him starting slow.

Honestly we probably should sit him out the rest of summer league. These guards are just chucking up shots and not looking to pass him the ball. 

Thing about Brandon Miller too is he doesn’t just shoot a high 3P percentage, dude has RANGE.  Like he takes and makes threes easily from 3-5 feet behind the 3P line.

Watch his form.  He shoots quick and from eye level like Steph, but is 6’9.  And he plays D at multiple positions.  

That’s the new NBA, IMO. 

• Pie 2

He looked like ass early on but surprised me down the stretch. He is pretty smooth with the ball. I'm coming around to him. I don't know who coaches for the Summer League but they need to be fired. 1st half looked like a pick up game at the local gym

Edited by Cam Lawter

15 minutes ago, Cam Lawter said:

He looked like ass early on but surprised me down the stretch. He is pretty smooth with the ball. I'm coming around to him. I don't know who coaches for the Summer League but they need to be fired. 1st half looked like a pick up game at the local gym

Miller will be fine once he gets a pg.

Nick Smith Jr plays like he is the star of the team. He shoots entirely too much.

5 hours ago, MechaZain said:

He can play shooting guard no question. Just needs to bulk up a bit.

We need to put him there and we would have one of the tallest backcourts in the league. My main question is can he lock down other SGs? I think he can play good defense against SFs, but SGs seem like a pain the guard. 

It's crazy people thought this dude was just a catch n shoot pf. Dude has legit guard skills. His handles will only get better with more experience. One thing I notice is he likes to use his off hand to create separation. He needs to clean that up because they will call offensive foul vs the big boys.

Other than that he looked like I thought he would. He's going to get a lot of open looks with Melo.

I bet ya Scoot dominates in his debut.  25 points and looks like he belongs.  We will see Friday.  That said now that Miller is a hornet, I hope he will develop but.  As my last hurray as a scoot train guy I'm gonna take the over on scoot scoring more than Miller in summer league debut. 

• Poo 1