• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bring BOA Back to Life

chknwing

26 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

I hear Mexico is dangerous because of the cartel. I have read stories on people vacationing there and going missing.

I cycled across half of it. Had a fantastic time. My friends live in Oaxaca half the year.  One of my favorite places I've ever been.

There are currently 109 people on the FBI missing persons list for 2023 in the USA. 

• Pie 1

Cam brought life to BofA. In 2013 he started to give input to the music that he and the other players liked. As the stadium DJ we went away from just jock jams to a more variety. Winning made the energy higher and the music sound better. The last few years (different bosses) and with losing and with NO Cam, the energy was gone and music is different. Can't play happy fun songs while losing. Fans lost interest in the game as it went. 

Winning will cure it for sure but it also starts with the fans. Don't sell your ticket to opposing fans. Be loud when at the stadium no matter what. Then you become part of the culture. The music/audio when on defense has to stop no later that 20 seconds left on the play clock. It's up to fans (through video prompts) to keep the noise level up and the last few years we have not. 3rd down should be deafening. 

New team, new players, new coaches and a new attitude. Hopefully the fans come back loud and proud and give the team a chance. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 4

15 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

No wonder you think Texas sucks you live in one of the worst cities in Texas lmao.

There is literally nothing in San Antonio. You're on the mexican border.

My guy go visit Austin Texas, Dallas Texas, Houston Texas. All of those cities are better than Charlotte.

I've been to all those places.  Houston and Dallas are cool.  Too much traffic though.  Also, its just too damn hot for my liking here.  Dallas probably has nice weather.  IDK, I just miss the greenness of the southeast.  Everything here is drab and the same color.  San Antonio is cool if you like highways and strip malls. 

14 hours ago, USDepartmentOfSavagery said:

Over a million people do. Houston is a suburban nightmare with no identity and a worse public transit crisis than Charlotte. Same with Dallas. San Antonio and Austin are the best cities in Texas and it’s not close - they are extremely walkable and both provide charm. Plus the food. Charlotte and Raleigh could both learn from them.

SA is walkable?!?  Maybe places like The Pearl and the Riverwalk.  Thats about it though.  SA is one of the biggest urban sprawl nightmares I have ever been to.  More highways than I have ever seen anywhere else in my life. 

39 minutes ago, musicman said:

Cam brought life to BofA. In 2013 he started to give input to the music that he and the other players liked. As the stadium DJ we went away from just jock jams to a more variety. Winning made the energy higher and the music sound better. The last few years (different bosses) and with losing and with NO Cam, the energy was gone and music is different. Can't play happy fun songs while losing. Fans lost interest in the game as it went. 

Winning will cure it for sure but it also starts with the fans. Don't sell your ticket to opposing fans. Be loud when at the stadium no matter what. Then you become part of the culture. The music/audio when on defense has to stop no later that 20 seconds left on the play clock. It's up to fans (through video prompts) to keep the noise level up and the last few years we have not. 3rd down should be deafening. 

New team, new players, new coaches and a new attitude. Hopefully the fans come back loud and proud and give the team a chance. 

It is up to the team to provide exciting winning football to get the crowd going. It isn't the fans job to get the players excited. Fans pay lots of money to be entertained and players make millions to entertain the fans and get them going. Your suggesting it is the fans fault attendance is poor and the stadium is full of opposing fans. If you want fans not to sell their tickets then win more than 2 games out of 8 on offense. The fans I know and fellow PSL owners are loyal and start out each year hoping for good results. Since 2018 we have suffered as the product on the field was abysmal.  But we will be back in force for Atlanta again. But if you want us back every game give us something to root for. It is up to the players not the fans to get the stadium rocking. Otherwise if we keep losing expect by mid-season to see more opposing fans.  We are long suffering fans but we aren't Job, we have our limits.

• Pie 4

20 hours ago, joemac said:

Having grown up and lived in Charlotte for 30 something years, and now living in Texas, I can say for 100% surety that Charlotte is WAYYYYYYYYY better.  Texas sucks. 

Q: You know how you find Texas ?

A: You walk west till you smell it, then south till you step in it.

Q: Why is Oklahoma so windy ?

A: Because Texas Sucks

( never miss an opportunity to blast Texas and their self absorbed citizens lol ) 

The attendance at all the college teams in our area will sag when then teams have 30% winning percentage ( like the Panthers the past few years ) .  Tickets sold versus butts in the stands also change with college teams with wins and loses. 

Winning is the cure to stadium culture. Green Bay fills their stadium because ice fishing is worse. 
Selling tickets is not the same as butts in the stands and losing teams all have this problem in every sport. 

WIN NOW !!!!

GO PANTHERS !!!

Edited by OceanPanther

2 hours ago, joemac said:

SA is walkable?!?  Maybe places like The Pearl and the Riverwalk.  Thats about it though.  SA is one of the biggest urban sprawl nightmares I have ever been to.  More highways than I have ever seen anywhere else in my life. 

It's more walkable than both Dallas and Houston imo. The reality is, most cities in the US outside of the northeast corridor are not what we would consider walkable. I believe Charlotte comes in dead last in relation to their peers. And there's not much to be done. Urban density would have to have been established a long time ago. 

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, musicman said:

Thanks for sharing, good stuff here. Fans need to bring the energy, but the team has to help with that too. I think there needs to be a good mix for the wine and cheesers along with the 20-40 fans. You job isnt easily, reading the crowd and feeling the game flow... plus i know it must suck if the panthers are down by 20+ with no hope of winning.....id play the price is right sad noise on repeat....

• Pie 2

Having been here watching games live since 95, the music doesn't matter as long as you can dance to it. Seriously, we dance for diamonds, flex, do the wobble and the rest.  That is window dressing. The music I love is when Cam dabbed and got love from the crowd as he airplaned around the field. It was the sweet crunch of helmet to pads as Thomas Davis put the hurting on an opponent who coughed up the ball. It is the cacophony of Luke cheers after he gets to the runner before the poor guy can take a step or intercepts another pass for a pick 6.  What we have been missing is tough physical play where we intimidate the opponent. The fans feed off the players which then fuels players to play even tougher. Wilks reminded us of who we used to be. Now Reich and Evero and Thomas need to keep their pledge to making our offense and defense aggressive dictating to our opponent. Outside of 2015 have we ever done that on both sides of the ball? 

Edited by panthers55

On 7/6/2023 at 8:48 AM, panthers55 said:

It is up to the team to provide exciting winning football to get the crowd going. It isn't the fans job to get the players excited. Fans pay lots of money to be entertained and players make millions to entertain the fans and get them going. Your suggesting it is the fans fault attendance is poor and the stadium is full of opposing fans. If you want fans not to sell their tickets then win more than 2 games out of 8 on offense. The fans I know and fellow PSL owners are loyal and start out each year hoping for good results. Since 2018 we have suffered as the product on the field was abysmal.  But we will be back in force for Atlanta again. But if you want us back every game give us something to root for. It is up to the players not the fans to get the stadium rocking. Otherwise if we keep losing expect by mid-season to see more opposing fans.  We are long suffering fans but we aren't Job, we have our limits.

It's a 2 way street. It starts with the teams performance, but I have seen us playing good and the crowd doesn't get loud on defense. I've been to other stadiums where they are loud and proud no matter what. We have to see it first (some good play), but being optimistic will help the fans. When they see we can make plays when 3 & long or stop the other team on a 3rd and 1, they will get loud. And then when the team needs to the crowd to help drown out the other teams QBs and the signal calls, the fans need to help. Bring back home field advantage.  From 2013 to about 2018 we had a 75% home field winning %. 

• Beer 1