• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tuesday Practice Thread 8/1/23

Ricky Spanish

4 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Apparently you didn’t read the last part of my post. 
I have been impressed with the offense. It feels like he has thrown more because the media seems to be mentioning an interception being thrown often. 
I am not a stat guru and haven’t kept up with how many INTs Bryce has thrown. 
All the people responding to me acting like I am freaking out when nothing on my post even implies that I am. 
Saying something is concerning means I am not worried about it. 

So you haven’t kept up with how many INTs he’s thrown but you said the number of interceptions he’s thrown is concerning?

got it

Edited by therealmjl
  • Pie 2
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 1

3 minutes ago, t96 said:

I didn't see any video but I thought I read that it was a miscommunication? Obviously you don't want to release the ball if there isn't a receiver there but miscommunications happen a lot even with the best QBs. Not necessarily 100% on Bryce is all I'm saying.

Without knowing the full context I can't really assign blame to anyone. However, the way it looked he threw the ball directly to Luvu, and there was no one near Luvu. Luvu was covering no one, and my impression, which could be wrong, was that Young thought Luvu was a check down target, and he threw it right at him.

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, pantherj said:

Without knowing the full context I can't really assign blame to anyone. However, the way it looked he threw the ball directly to Luvu, and there was no one near Luvu. Luvu was covering no one, and my impression, which could be wrong, was that Young thought Luvu was a check down target, and he threw it right at him.

IIRC that was WR/QB miscommunication

• Pie 1

14 minutes ago, t96 said:

I didn't see any video but I thought I read that it was a miscommunication? Obviously you don't want to release the ball if there isn't a receiver there but miscommunications happen a lot even with the best QBs. Not necessarily 100% on Bryce is all I'm saying.

I saw the video, I think it was eventually posted in yesterday's thread. The ball hit Luvu right in the numbers on a short pass across the middle. I have to assume that it was a timing throw and the receiver turned out instead of in. I obviously don't know who screwed up.

• Pie 1