• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Scott Fowler on Bryce Young

TheSpecialJuan

1 hour ago, ladypanther said:

Lots of hate for Scott Fowler here.  My take is that he attempts to try to look objective...does not want to be a homer but a reporter. As he was here before the team......like he has to prove himself.

Spot on. I've known the Fowlers for over 20 years. They're good people. Scott does his best to provide an objective view - he doesn't report as a fan. People with irrational hatred toward him are sad, imo. I know him. He's a good dude.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Just now, Pup McBarky said:

Spot on. I've known the Fowlers for over 20 years. They're good people. Scott does his best to provide an objective view - he doesn't report as a fan. People with irrational hatred toward him are sad, imo. I know him. He's a good dude.

Hes a worthless cuck and I have 20+ years of articles as proof

• Pie 1

Just now, ladypanther said:

That is very harsh.  You may not like what he writes but you seem over the line.   Is there a personal beef?

I've met him plenty in the late 90's early 2000'at various functions and he was always a condescending douche and his shitty reporting and articles throughout his career is just the cherry on top on why I cannot stand this fug head.  Case in point is the article posted on here. 

• Pie 3

22 minutes ago, Pup McBarky said:

Scott has good kids- I will not take that away from him.  I knew both Chapel & Salem from coaching and they are good, respectful young men.  I know he has one or two more kids, but I don't know them.  I credit the mom for how they turned out.

Scott is a pompous, arrogant, D-bag, at least in the context of coaching in the same rec leagues with him.  Maybe your experience was different (and in a different context), but he was not well-liked by any of the other coaches.  He could and would get away with complaining to the refs and get preferential calls.  He also acted like he was better than everyone else.  Nothing brought me more joy as a coach than wiping that smug little smirk of his stupid face.

I have very little respect for him personally, but as a father, I can't completely trash him b/c he's obviously done something right to have good kids.  I do respect that 100%

Still, my life would not be lacking if I never saw or read anything from him again.  Mike Kaye & Joe Person actually cover the team.  Fowler is semi-informed opinion fluff pieces at this point...

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, Seltzer said:

Scott has good kids- I will not take that away from him.  I knew both Chapel & Salem from coaching and they are good, respectful young men.  I know he has one or two more kids, but I don't know them.  I credit the mom for how they turned out.

Scott is a pompous, arrogant, D-bag, at least in the context of coaching in the same rec leagues with him.  Maybe your experience was different (and in a different context), but he was not well-liked by any of the other coaches.  He could and would get away with complaining to the refs and get preferential calls.  He also acted like he was better than everyone else.  Nothing brought me more joy as a coach than wiping that smug little smirk of his stupid face.

I have very little respect for him personally, but as a father, I can't completely trash him b/c he's obviously done something right to have good kids.  I do respect that 100%

Still, my life would not be lacking if I never saw or read anything from him again.  Mike Kaye & Joe Person actually cover the team.  Fowler is semi-informed opinion fluff pieces at this point...

My man

• Pie 1

On 8/1/2023 at 4:54 PM, mrcompletely11 said:

And to refresh you guys memory fowler wrote the article stating it should be wilks full stop as our next coach and he is also the dumb fug that asked Reich at his presser what he thought of the qbs on the roster when it was just only an injured matt corral that was under contract.

he is a dumb mother fuger that somehow has kept his job for 3 decades.  His dad was even worse.

Who was his dad?

I do not think Bryce will turnout to be a bust. Worst case scenario he will just be unavailable due to injuries or mediocre but he has a very high ceiling and I expect him to have a good career.

BUT, I do wonder in the back of my head if he does turn out to be a bust, how long will it take the Huddle to get on board with it. Will it be year 4 of Darnold like numbers before they finally throw in the towel or will they start turning on him after his first year.

On 8/2/2023 at 5:58 AM, Cdparr7 said:

I meant it as at least 1 in each one. So in my head I was thinking if we get to week 8 and he has like 12-16 interceptions and interceptions in each game it would be concerning.

Even if that is the case, as long as you can see that IT factor we all talk about and the team rallying around him, that would be ok. Rome wasn't built in a day... neither was Jalen Hurts (so to speak).

Edited by Dragoon11