• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is Nick Hayden the Most Ineffective Player in Panthers History?

Raleighcat83

Bingo.

That is the point. Hayen isn't a good or particularly effective player, but we are stuck with him and there aint much out there which will be any better.

Why did I get so worked up about this thread? Because there are a million more significant things going on with our team. Nick Hayden really is one of our lesser worries, as like you pointed out, he won't be playing much if at all for us.

I just could not understand, after this game, that Nick Hayden is the one who was focused on for rage. It's like kicking a puppy. We know the guy has limitations already, so why would we just pile more on?

Only reason I stated what seemed to enrage you was because the OP did not really seem to think he was exaggerating as he followed his post up with more of the same.

What was childish, was the thread having little to no insight or point.

OK fair enough. I interpreted it as him completely exaggerating, out of frustration, and I understand it's overall little relevance outside of us not having an up to snuff run D.

The thread is a speck in a sea of complaint threads about particular players though.

But I see where you're coming from, I recant my rage post :D

Nick Hayden really is terrible. People have been saying this since the first defensive series of the preseason....well actually they've been saying it since the Giants game last season. I'll never forget Brandon Jacobs trucking him so hard that he fell through the back of the end zone...that should never happen to an NFL defensive tackle period.

Sorry if this sounded childish to anyone. I just can't remember a player looking as totally ineffective to me as Hayden has. I'm not trying to place blame on Fox, Hurney, or anybody else, it just seems like he's completely outmatched at this level, more so even than other backup defensive linemen. Personally, I think Fox is a good coach and we're unlikely to get better by firing him, but that's probably an unpopular opinion also.

man nick sucks big floppie donkie d!%&. this dude is what defensive cords fear lining up opposite another teams o line. i cant put into words the abomination that nick is. if suck had a son and that son sucked then i think that sons dog had a pet that would be nick. come on isnt their a practice squad dt somewhere better than this?????

Archived