• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corral

The Huddler

I'm trying to figure out what game yall watched.

If you're judging him by that standard and are consistent, then by that standard Bryce was ass too.  I don't care who they put behind those OLs Saturday, they had zero fuging time to do anything.  Corral looked much more functional than he did last preseason.  Did he look  great?  No.  But I think he looked good considering the circumstances.  

But this poo about wanting to cut a 3rd string QB who we spent a 3rd rounder on last year because he only had .5 secs to make throws because the line and playcalling was complete ass is ridiculous to me.  I just don't get the animus...  the entire offense looked like ass, but let's cut Corral because we need a sacrificial lamb.  Ok.😂

And I'm not caping for him...  look at my posts about how he looked last preseason. 

• Beer 2

Definitely looked like a guy that hadn't played football in over a year while being stuck behind OLs that couldn't pass protect.

He didn't look helpless though, so that's a plus. He also never gave up. A big part of his game that's missing is the mental side (progressions, staying calm, etc) which Bryce is already doing as advertised. Corral is going to have a stronger arm and better athleticism, but that stuff won't matter if he's going to be inaccurate and panicked.

Edited by Icege

About the only thing Corrall has going for him is his age and experience. That might save him from being cut. Reich may want to take one more year to look at him when he is healthy. I dont think he is going to ever be more than a fringe backup in the NFL and could very easily be out of the league soon. 

9 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

I'm trying to figure out what game yall watched.

If you're judging him by that standard and are consistent, then by that standard Bryce was ass too.  I don't care who they put behind those OLs Saturday, they had zero fuging time to do anything.  Corral looked much more functional than he did last preseason.  Did he look  great?  No.  But I think he looked good considering the circumstances.  

But this poo about wanting to cut a 3rd string QB who we spent a 3rd rounder on last year because he only had .5 secs to make throws because the line and playcalling was complete ass is ridiculous to me.  I just don't get the animus...  the entire offense looked like ass, but let's cut Corral because we need a sacrificial lamb.  Ok.😂

And I'm not caping for him...  look at my posts about how he looked last preseason. 

This is where I’m at.

I don’t know what to think about Corral myself, honestly.
He hasn’t made a case for himself that will not allow people to ignore his game. That is what a guy in his position has to do: be so good they can’t ignore you. 
Even though I am not sure about Corral, this forum has so many quarterback experts that I am not worried, they already have it all figured out. 

As far as professional quarterback experts, Reich most certainly is familiar with Corral, he has to be, 
There is little doubt he was scouted by Indy when Reich was in charge (and in dire need of a quarterback after being screwed by Luck quitting on them with no notice). 
I am thinking he just doesn’t see a lot there to work with. Maybe it is incompatibility with the system Reich wants to run, maybe he just doesn’t see the talent he needs to see to get behind him.

Edited by stratocatter