• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Defensive struggles

ncfan

Of course I’m nervous about this OL keeping Bryce upright.

But this defense.  
when do we start sounding the alarms.

This secondary I thought coming in was a potential issue.

The Jets joint practice.  Rodgers shredded our secondary including picking on Horn at times (minus the 2 minute drill which their #1 WR didn’t participate in).

We were then told.  “Well it’s Rodgers, he’s a future HOF coach”

The Jets preseason game.  The 2nd string Jets offense with Zach Wilson drove right down the field and scored pretty easily.  After that game we were told “We were just being vanilla not game planning”

Pre season game 2.

Daniel Jones started 8-9, with his only incomplete pass coming off a play where the WR was wide azz open.  But the WR lost control of the ball off a big Hit from Bell closing in.  Then we heard last night “we’ll they didn’t have Burns or Brown”.  (Though ignoring the fact that QB was knifing us to open guys within 2-3 seconds.  Which neutralizes any form of pass rush).

• Pie 3

2 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Having no pass rushers in either game and no Brown yesterday will neuter a defense. 

How much will those pass rushers really matter if the QB is getting the ball out to open guys within 2-3 seconds like yesterday?

I don’t expect Jackson to make it a full season. I think he’s done after his injury from last year. I think the secondary is in trouble going into the season the CB position for us is just so fragile and the depth is brutal 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Smithers said:

Besides Waller, what giants receiver or RB who played against our starters is considered an above average player?  

Waller is a stud (when he's on the field). He was the one making the plays (along with Jones). Let's not forget that an O-line (and one that doesn't really have to face above average rushers) plays a vital roll in the success of the offense as well. 

44 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Waller is a stud (when he's on the field). He was the one making the plays (along with Jones). Let's not forget that an O-line (and one that doesn't really have to face above average rushers) plays a vital roll in the success of the offense as well. 

Yeah I understand that.  But it wasn’t like Jones sat back there for 8 seconds while guys played backyard ball to get open.  He unloaded after 2-3 seconds and hit his guy open every time.  It’s worrisome that our back 7 can’t cover a guy for more than 3 seconds.  Even the best pass rush can’t do much to help there