• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I seriously can't with you guys and your preseason hot takes right now

Ricky Spanish

Just now, SmittysLawnGuy said:

I knew Mr. Scott was a veteran, just wanted to make sure he had sat threw all of our pain. You most likely a teen in the Cam Super Bowl.

Every second of it, including fifteen seasons of Marty Hurney and the past three years of Matt Rhule...

This is a new team and regime, though.

It's way too soon to know who and what they'll be, but I like their pedigree. Actual NFL experience is a huge step up from The Meatball.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I was in high school (and a 49er fan at the time) when The Catch happened. I think I jumped about as high as Clark did 😃

My first football memory is of The Immaculate Reception. I was five and my family had the game on at my grandma's house. Saw that play happen and was like "What is this?"

Fifty years later, I've played, I've coached, I've studied...hell, my wife gets me books on coaching and scouting for Christmas.

And in all of it, I've learned...

... patience.

Said elsewhere: It's a marathon, not a sprint. The team you see today will likely beat little to no resemblance to the one you see in December.

That's why rushing to judgment is a mistake.

I know I overreact. I'm so pumped for this year cause I feel myself slowly fading. Got the Mon. night game with my son. Few weeks later taking my nephew to game. I'm running out of time and time for next year!

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Every second of it, including fifteen seasons of Marty Hurney and the past three years of Matt Rhule...

This is a new team and regime, though.

It's way too soon to know who and what they'll be, but I like their pedigree. Actual NFL experience is a huge step up from The Meatball.

yep

12 minutes ago, Gerry Green said:

? Um, okay. Not sure what you are trying to say here? Do you catalog goofy posts, or are yo just going off memory? 

You are on your high horse calling takes goofy.   That’s the point.   And you had some of the proven goofiest takes this time last year. 

and the people who got it right last just called a spade a spade.   Some type folks you are raging at again. 

1 minute ago, SmittysLawnGuy said:

I know I overreact. I'm so pumped for this year cause I feel myself slowly fading. Got the Mon. night game with my son. Few weeks later taking my nephew to game. I'm running out of time and time for next year!

I've overreacted loads of times in my life, but luckily through the years I learned a thing or two.

Heck, just two seasons ago, we thought we were a lock for the playoffs after four games, but by December we saw the truth and most of us were calling for Matt Rhule's head.

Further back in 2003, we were (likewise) riding high for the first four weeks before the Tennessee Titans cleaned our clock in week five. The narrative pretty much everywhere was that we'd been exposed as pretenders, but that year ended in some of the best memories we have.

You never know...

• Pie 1

So far Frank Reich needs to be fired because he won’t get mad during a preseason game. Icky is a bust and should try to move to OG. We should bench the top pick in the draft to save him. Our exact same OL last year will be worst than 5 Byron Bells on the OL. The Huddle is a preseason emotional roller coaster. 

• Pie 7
  • Beer 2

3 minutes ago, CRA said:

You are on your high horse calling takes goofy.   That’s the point.   And you had some of the proven goofiest takes this time last year. 

and the people who got it right last just called a spade a spade.   Some type folks you are raging at again. 

he defending matt rhule, baker mayfield, and sam darnold , and he has the nerve to call us goofy

There are no free lunches here the coaching staff knows what's at stake and no matter how many keystrokes are wasted about how it's only preseason they are not at all satisfied with some of the things we've seen. At this point both sides of the fence of this are overbearing and need to take a break or two.

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

So far Frank Reich needs to be fired because he won’t get mad during a preseason game. Icky is a bust and should try to move to OG. We should bench the top pick in the draft to save him. Our exact same OL last year will be worst than 5 Byron Bells on the OL. The Huddle is a preseason emotional roller coaster. 

I would say The Huddle is an emotional wreck.

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

So far Frank Reich needs to be fired because he won’t get mad during a preseason game. Icky is a bust and should try to move to OG. We should bench the top pick in the draft to save him. Our exact same OL last year will be worst than 5 Byron Bells on the OL.

And that's just CPantherKing 😄

• Flames 1