• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I seriously can't with you guys and your preseason hot takes right now

Ricky Spanish

Just curious, did Reich change his philosophy as a coach?  Because in his first year as HC in Indy, he went 3-1 and turned his starters loose in the preseason.  He then went on to a damn good season.  He said in his week 1 presser that he always approaches preseason the way he is this time around.  So he’s either lying, or our team Is just that bad 

• Pie 2

17 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I've overreacted loads of times in my life, but luckily through the years I learned a thing or two.

Heck, just two seasons ago, we thought we were a lock for the playoffs after four games, but by December we saw the truth and most of us were calling for Matt Rhule's head.

Further back in 2003, we were (likewise) riding high for the first four weeks before the Tennessee Titans cleaned our clock in week five. The narrative pretty much everywhere was that we'd been exposed as pretenders, but that year ended in some of the best memories we have.

You never know...

Had a good feeling about that year and bet 100 on the Bowl. We were 40 to 1. I locked myself in my room for 2 days after I'll just say Vinaterri shattered my dreams and my dad said, Jesus son, 4k isn't worth this, I said dad do you think I give a *** about that money (mind you I was poor)? Wanted my team to win 1 Super Bowl in my life. It's less than 1 in 32 with the mega teams out there. He called me a liar but it was the truth. 20 years later and almost my dream in 2015, here I am. Just want a sense of urgency. They may be 20-30 forever but I'm not.

1 minute ago, SmittysLawnGuy said:

Had a good feeling about that year and bet 100 on the Bowl. We were 40 to 1. I locked myself in my room for 2 days after I'll just say Vinaterri shattered my dreams and my dad said, Jesus son, 4k isn't worth this, I said dad do you think I give a *** about that money (mind you I was poor)? Wanted my team to win 1 Super Bowl in my life. It's less than 1 in 32 with the mega teams out there. He called me a liar but it was the truth. 20 years later and almost my dream in 2015, here I am. Just want a sense of urgency. They may be 20-30 forever but I'm not.

To paraphrase Matthew McConaughey, "I get older but the players stay the same age."

I'm certainly hoping to see a Panthers Super Bowl victory, but we'll see.

Just not gonna panic about preseason either way though...

• Pie 1

35 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

So far Frank Reich needs to be fired because he won’t get mad during a preseason game. Icky is a bust and should try to move to OG. We should bench the top pick in the draft to save him. Our exact same OL last year will be worst than 5 Byron Bells on the OL. The Huddle is a preseason emotional roller coaster. 

That name should be forbidden on this forum

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, SmittysLawnGuy said:

He also switched to Tampa when we moved to Florida, watched a team win 2 Super Bowls 2 hours from me and and looked at at my dad with disdain. Glad he got the satisfaction though before he passed. Me I'm a lifer.

That is a tough job.  I've been a St. Louis Blues fan since I was 8, going back to 1969.  I was pretty resigned to the idea that I would leave this earth before I saw them win a Stanley Cup.  Then, in 2019, they left me speechless.

I'll never forget that feeling.  It was almost surreal watching the clock tick down to 0, and then watching the celebration.  I still want them to win it again when every season starts, but if they don't, I can carry that memory with me.  Of course, the memory is tainted by the fact I was in south Jersey for game 7, but even that can't ruin it.

My hope for you is if and when we see this team win a Superb Owl, neither of us is in south Jersey when it happens!

• Pie 1

40 minutes ago, Smithers said:

Just curious, did Reich change his philosophy as a coach?  Because in his first year as HC in Indy, he went 3-1 and turned his starters loose in the preseason.  He then went on to a damn good season.  He said in his week 1 presser that he always approaches preseason the way he is this time around.  So he’s either lying, or our team Is just that bad 

Andrew Luck is the answer to your question.  Luck was a multi time Pro Bowler at that point.  Peak of his career.  And then walked away after that year. 

• Pie 1