• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Person's roster review

ladypanther

10 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

He think Corral makes it....one of the bubble players but gets in...read the last part of the post.

Got it, but I don't want Corral to make it.  The only way he does is due to his draft status, which is dumb.  The reason he's getting so much playing time is a) to see what Matt actually has and b) if we part ways possibly a trade to get something out of him rather that an outright cut.  Even if he makes it through waivers, PS guys can get signed away at any time.   I honestly don't think the staff wants to carry 3 QBs, but giving up on a 3rd round pick in year two without any compensation kinda sucks too.

Edited by 45catfan

I feel better about the roster with the Troy Hill signing.  Even with that, there's a lot riding on Donte Jackson being able to stay remotely healthy (which has been an issue) with the CB group.  With Donte's injury history (and Jaycee's to a lesser extent), it was a welcome addition.

I feel pretty good about the defense overall.  The McCall cut was certainly a surprise, but in retrospect, the team has brought in a lot of interior defensive players over the past month so the team must have still been sorting behind the scenes.

I think we are still a little traumatized and apprehensive about the last 3-4 the Panthers ran in 2019, and how we were good rushing the passer that year but couldn't stop the run to save our lives.

I think Shi ultimately makes the roster as WR6.  Blackshear could be our primary KR & PR.

We will definitely keep 9 OL (maybe 10).  I think unless we pick up someone from the outside, it's going to be what @MillionDollarCamsaid earlier:

Ekwonu, Christensen, Bozeman, Zavala, Moton, Mays, Erving, Jensen, and McCray.

McCray gets cut when Corbett is activated.

OR if Corbett is activated right away because they think he’ll be back before week four then McCray gets cut outright.

I hope Barno makes the roster- I think he has earned it.  Hopefully, we can keep Kobe Jones & Eku Leota around on the PS.

Only other intrigue to me is whether we keep a 4th TE/FB.  Ricci has stuck around being a good ST player and versatile.  And Stephen Sullivan has flashed as a pass catching TE.

Ultimately, this team overall is a massive unknown.  I am certainly happy with the overall strategic plan, but none of us know how this will really translate until the regular season starts...

I am confident Bryce can deliver if he has time.  Still, this is a brand new coaching staff and a LOT of new players when you stop and take inventory.

I'm excited, but I'm trying to be realistic.  If we can be in the division hunt all year, I will be happy

• Pie 2

6 hours ago, 45catfan said:

Got it, but I don't want Corral to make it.  The only way he does is due to his draft status, which is dumb.  The reason he's getting so much playing time is a) to see what Matt actually has and b) if we part ways possibly a trade to get something out of him rather that an outright cut.  Even if he makes it through waivers, PS guys can get signed away at any time.   I honestly don't think the staff wants to carry 3 QBs, but giving up on a 3rd round pick in year two without any compensation kinda sucks too.

I would think that Corral makes it, if for nothing else, so we can have an emergency QB on standby on game days.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2