• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Chark Injured?

Jmac

26 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

And this is exactly why I was against signing him, making your rookie QB’s #1 WR a guy with his injury history was never a good idea.

I don't think is was their plan for him to be the #1. They just wanted to add his play making ability.  His talent naturally took him to the top of the depth chart. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

I don't think is was their plan for him to be the #1. They just wanted to add his play making ability.  His talent naturally took him to the top of the depth chart. 

It 100% was their plan to have him be the #1, nobody else on the team made any sense as a #1 (not that Chark did either, but he's closer to a #1 than anyone else on the team right now).

MAYBE they were hoping that TMJ would show out and take it over, but that certainly wasn't what they would have been planning for.

• Poo 2

1 minute ago, tukafan21 said:

It 100% was their plan to have him be the #1, nobody else on the team made any sense as a #1 (not that Chark did either, but he's closer to a #1 than anyone else on the team right now).

MAYBE they were hoping that TMJ would show out and take it over, but that certainly wasn't what they would have been planning for.

You're reaching. 

• Pie 1

14 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

You're reaching. 

How?  In what way?  Just think it through logically

Thielen, while I love what he will be for this offense and he was my #1 wanted FA once we made the trade for the #1 pick because he'll be perfect for a rookie QB, is unequivocally NOT a #1 WR at this point in his career, he's a possession/slot WR who will make his value most apparent on short 3rd downs.

Mingo isn't a #1 WR to start his career, if he was, he wouldn't have been a 2nd round pick.

Shenault?  Byrd?  Smith?  All clearly not even starting WRs, let alone a #1.

So again, the plan was clearly for it to be Chark or hope for a prayer that TMJ would make a massive leap this offseason and be the #1, which in itself never seemed likely to start the year anyways.

2 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

Thielen, while I love what he will be for this offense and he was my #1 wanted FA once we made the trade for the #1 pick because he'll be perfect for a rookie QB, is unequivocally NOT a #1 WR at this point in his career, he's a possession/slot WR who will make his value most apparent on short 3rd downs.

Mingo isn't a #1 WR to start his career, if he was, he wouldn't have been a 2nd round pick.

So again, the plan was clearly for it to be Chark or hope for a prayer that TMJ would make a massive leap this offseason and be the #1, which in itself never seemed likely to start the year anyways.

You sure do ignore poo. 

No one signs an oft injured player with plans for them to be their number 1 receiver. 

There is nothing else to debate. 

27 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Does Watkins still have wheels to be a deep threat? That's about the only WR I see out there right now that could fit that role. Maybe someone will come open in cut downs.

I think you would be better off looking at the last round of cuts on Aug 29th than looking at the present FA pool.  There will be young and vet talent cut. 

9 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

You sure do ignore poo. 

No one signs an oft injured player with plans for them to be their number 1 receiver. 

There is nothing else to debate. 

Okay then, who was the team planning on having as their #1 WR this year then?

I'm not saying what your saying here is dumb, because I clearly agree that signing someone with his injury history to be our #1 was a bad idea.  But it's clear that it was their plan as he was the best WR on the roster, health aside, hence why I was never happy with the signing as I thought it was a stupid plan.

And as bad as a plan as it was to have someone with his injury history be the #1, having TMJ or Mingo be the planned #1 WR is an even worse plan.

Edited by tukafan21

12 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

They clocked Thielen at over 20mph during practice. Seems like he's just fine to me. But then again, I don't think the sky is falling either.

• Pie 1