• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

FYI: Cuts begin today

Mr. Scot

08/29

Placed DE Henry Anderson on injured reserve

08/29

Placed OL Austin Corbett on reserve/physically unable to perform list

08/29

Waived or terminated the contracts of RB Spencer Brown, WR Shi Smith, WR Javon Wims, WR Josh Vann, OL Justin McCray, OL Michael Jordan, OL Deonte Brown, OL Sam Tecklenburg, OL JD Direnzo, DL Raequan Williams, OLB Kobe Jones, OLB Eku Leota, OLB Jordan Thomas, ILB Deion Jones, ILB Brandon Smith, ILB Ace Eley, S Eric Rowe, CB Keith Taylor, CB Stantley Thomas-Oliver, CB Herb Miller, CB Mac McCain, CB Mark Milton

What are we doing on the d-line? All we have is Tuttle, Brown, and Stallworth I believe.

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

That's the sucky thing. There's a lot of guys on all 32 rosters who bust there asses and are loved by the coaches who just simply don't have the prerequisite talent to hack it in the NFL. Every coach at every level has guys they wish they could take the talent from this slacker and give it to this guy who busts his ass and just isn't nearly as naturally talented.

Are you talking about Brown or Hubbard? Or Thomas?

1 hour ago, mrcompletely11 said:

On paper, as of right now, this defense is fuging paper thin full of unknowns.    Good godalmighty we have zero depth on the defense

To be fair nothing has changed, talent wise, from the last pre-season game - we just don't have the actual bodies on the roster anymore. 

• Pie 2

16 minutes ago, 96Bravo said:

Man, I just don't understand releasing Spencer Brown. He was the only RB who looked productive in preseason. 

I think many of the yards gained by S Brown were against sub par talent.  Preseason stats are not in and of themselves a way to fully evaluate talent.   Bumper Pool was in on a lot of tackles and I believe Coral was the most productive passer to put it in some context.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:
1 hour ago, Byrdman4real said:

Who ever they bring in better be a fast learner or know the system in some way.

Same story every year...

New guys will learn the next few weeks as backups and special teamers. All Smith-Marsette needs to know right away is 1. run fast.  2. run straight.  3. don't drop the frikkin ball.