• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Status of Rhule era draft picks

Mr. Scot

1 hour ago, DennisM1 said:

An honest conversation about Fitt needs to be had.. he is the worst drafter in the league he sucks trading as well I think he might be the worst gm in the NFL no wonder he couldn't get a job and had to take the job as a glorified team manager he stinks 

There are legitimate critiques to be made about some of his picks and acquisitions but reactionary posts like this just make it difficult to have honest conversations about some of his missteps.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, rayzor said:

I tried to be. Lasted a couple weeks.

I forced enthusiasm and I think a lot did. We were desperate for something good.

I haven't had to force any enthusiasm this year.

With Baker all I saw was the same song and dance we had been doing the last 2 years. 
So I had a hard time supporting Baker, well technically I never supported him. Since he stunk from game 1. 
Rhule just never understood you need a franchise QB. You can’t keep rotating QBs year after year and expect to make a consistently winning team. 
I still believe Rhule didn’t see the QB as a valuable position, which may of been his college state-of-mind since it seems that QB is less important in college than the NFL. 
Rhule thought if he could build a good team he could plug any QB in and it would work. 

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, rayzor said:

I forced enthusiasm and I think a lot did. We were desperate for something good.

I haven't had enthusiasm about the team in years. I was hopeful that something would change, until they signed Baker. I knew then that we were screwed until they canned the fool and cleaned house.

But I'm stoked about the direction we're going now!

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, DennisM1 said:

You don't know anything about me so you don't know how old I am I remember Clausen and that was still a better move than Sam Darnold now name a good move Fitt has made? I'll fuging wait man 

Bro.... u serious ??? 

Your seriously underestimating how bad that season was. It did net us the #1 pick and Cam...but Clausen was undeniably awful here.

Just now, Jon Snow said:

I haven't had enthusiasm about the team in years. I was hopeful that something would change, until they signed Baker. I knew then that we were screwed until they canned the fool and cleaned house.

Eagles win 2018. Last time I felt truly good about this team. 
That team was a Super Bowl contender before Pittsburgh. 

1 minute ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Eagles win 2018. Last time I felt truly good about this team. 
That team was a Super Bowl contender before Pittsburgh. 

I think I lost mine the 1st game of 2016. At least that's when it started.  The league was making sure a Cam led team wasn't going to be treated the same as everyone else. But that is a different story.  I guess it truly set in the day they brought Hurney back.

11 minutes ago, rayzor said:

And it would be super easy for Nebraska fans to dismiss the NFL stint for Rhule and get excited.  I’m not sure Rhule is a bad college coach.  He was a bad NFL coach. 

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, CRA said:

And it would be super easy for Nebraska fans to dismiss the NFL stint for Rhule and get excited.  I’m not sure Rhule is a bad college coach.  He was a bad NFL coach. 

I think Rhule is a decent college coach.  He repaired two schools that were in terrible shape and made them respectable.  

55 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

it wasn't easy forcing any enthusiasm for that crew. 

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, frankw said:

There are legitimate critiques to be made about some of his picks and acquisitions but reactionary posts like this just make it difficult to have honest conversations about some of his missteps.

Fitts fate (and reichs for that matter) is clearly tied to Young.  If he pans out he will be here for a while but if in 2 years or so it doesnt we reset the clock to 0 and try again

1 hour ago, Jon Snow said:

I think I lost mine the 1st game of 2016. At least that's when it started.  The league was making sure a Cam led team wasn't going to be treated the same as everyone else. But that is a different story.  I guess it truly set in the day they brought Hurney back.

i refelt something towards the end of last year. Felt like the late 2004 run. So we at 2005 now gonna make the nfc championship.