• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fitterer setting low expectations.

Tbe

The offense is very depleted with the loss of CMC and DJ, and it wasn't that good even with them. You can't subtract those two players and add what we did and expect good results. The WR corps is obviously not good enough, and the o-line looks like it's going to have pass blocking issues. That means get ready for 13 point games on our side whenever we play a good team.

Having said that, we're going to have to take our medicine now in the hopes that Young can be the type of QB we can win the SB with. It's all about the future for the time being. Yes we will enjoy the season, but we're obviously not headed to the playoffs. It's fun to be positive and anything can happen, but I just don't see a good season coming up.

We're in need of a #1 WR badly. Young needs a player who can get separation and win 50/50 balls. A dominant receiver is not on our roster. That means we will have to scheme our receivers open, or throw them open. That puts pressure on Young and the coaching staff, and you don't want that. But we didn't secure a #1 WR in free agency, so now we're going to struggle. it's going to be tough and frustrating, but it's been that way for so long that it won't be a shock.

Yes lower your expectations. Asking Young to drag this offense down the field as a rookie is going to be painful. The team will be built up from here to fit Young and our coaches. That's why I want those 1st round picks for Burns so badly. But it is what it is now. We'll need to hit free agency hard next season.  

• Pie 3

11 minutes ago, DeAngelo Beason said:

This team is way too talented to have low expectations.  Don't really want to hear about learning curve for Bryce either.  This is a playoff roster with even average QB play considering how terrible the NFCS is.

We have some talent for sure. I just don’t see enough of it. The preseason showed just how bad our depth is.

The only reason I would not rule out winning the division this year is that until proven otherwise, the division is a train wreck.  As a whole, there are major QB and coaching issues in the NFCS. 

I think it is likely that somebody will overcome those better than anybody did last year, but until I see some indications of it, I expect the door to be wide open.  By the end of the year, that somebody could be us.  And if the division sucks again, it might only take coming together for about the last six games to run past everybody else.

I'd go as far to say if Atlanta blows chunks, the Saints "time out," and we don't come together, even the Bucs could win it. 

But let's not confuse winning a bad division (if that does bear out) with a legitimate playoff team.  The NFCS disproved any connection between those two terms last year.

32 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I didn't really need anyone to lower my expectations. They were already low.

And honestly, I won't feel too bad if this season is mediocre. I remember we overachieved in Gettleman's first season as a GM. Some folks actually felt that set us back.

There's an argument to be made...

Not sure it set us back. We were 15-1 and in the SB 2 years later 

We obviously don't have a good roster from top to bottom. We have placeholder type players at too many positions, and roster building is badly needed but that takes time. We got Young, and now we build from here. There's nothing wrong with that. I wish we would have moved up 2 spots to draft Herbert and already have a good team, but I'm not running the show. They didn't want to trade up for Herbert for some reason, and here we are years later in a partial rebuilt developing a rookie QB. Fine. It has to happen.

13 minutes ago, Sgt Schultz said:

When you misfire in hiring a coach, there is a price to pay. 

When you hire a disaster as a head coach, that price goes up.

When you hire a disaster as a head coach and then give him complete control, that price increases again, and it goes up a lot.

We are lucky this thing isn't being torn down to the studs after doing the third. 

Wilks deserves a lot of credit for stabilizing things last year, and that is also because The Process was sent packing early in the year.  But, the roster was already built by then, so even in the process of stabilizing things he was making lemonade. 

Agree on all points...

28 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Im so sick of Tepper. This is clearly coming from him. Fitt is not the guy to blame we are in this situation because of Tepper. The expectations have always been low since he took over the franchise. This guy needs to sell the team.

Keep Pounding is no longer a thing in the Carolina's. Fans are saying the season is over before it even starts. This is our culture now. It's now cool to say we are years away from making noise.

2027 will be our year!

We’ve been rebuilding since 2018

• Pie 1

51 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

"If we don't make the playoffs in Year One, fire everybody!!!" 🤬

I’m just excited about this new chapter. Going 7-10 or going 11-6 both wouldn’t surprise me. 

Main thing I want to see is being competitive every week. 

There is part of me that always wants to say “we were 7-10 last year and everything improved so we should be playoff bound”, but in reality is more complicated than that, and other teams have improved and regressed and we don’t know yet. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Exactly. Now we are still rebuilding in 2023.

Teppers Panthers way

I’m not convinced a few more years of Richardson and Hurney would have been much better.

I wonder who the owner would be if Richardson wasn’t forced to sell? The Walmart people?

Looking back it was really a tale of QBs. Bridgewater. Darnold. Mayfield. All trash. Even if Rhule were a decent HC we were not going anywhere with those QBs. This isn't hindsight either, everyone was saying Darnold was trash. I was horrified at the time and though it was a prank that we traded those picks for him. I thought people were joking on here at the time. I had to google it. We've suffered through so many bad decisions that we're almost due for something good to happen. Please Young be legit.