• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

College Football 2023

jayboogieman

3 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

Just heard them say on CFGD that Maye turned down $5million to go play with a national champ contender.   Wow.  Said could not to that to Chapel Hill.  Rare guy.

Alabama is the safe bet. Maye was originally committed to Bama before flipping to UNC (like Howell was originally committed to FSU before flipping). Their QB situation is still very much in flux.

Mack Brown got us Sam Howell. Howell always wanted to play for UNC but the Larry Fedora crew basically didn't give him the time of day. When Brown took over and reached out it was basically a wrap. Then Howell's success as a freshman under Brown got us Drake Maye.

• Pie 1

Just now, SmittysLawnGuy said:

I don't claim them much but 35 point dog alma mater is taking those wolverines behind the wood shed! Go Pirates, had to get that in before we:re getting our shizz pushed in.

Not like Michigan doesn't have a history of getting shocked by a lesser known NC football program on opening weekend.

• Beer 2

14 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Alabama is the safe bet. Maye was originally committed to Bama before flipping to UNC (like Howell was originally committed to FSU before flipping). Their QB situation is still very much in flux.

Mack Brown got us Sam Howell. Howell always wanted to play for UNC but the Larry Fedora crew basically didn't give him the time of day. When Brown took over and reached out it was basically a wrap. Then Howell's success as a freshman under Brown got us Drake Maye.

Bama offered him 2mil per Andy staples

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

Of course we did. Did he get Bama or UGA money? I highly doubt it.

I know a unc alum who owns 2 mortgage companies and unc tried to get $100000 from him to fund Mayes nil.   He didn't give it though.   If he didn't get at least north of 500000 then he is crazy.  If Bama was offering 2mil I bet georgia was the 5mil.  

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I know a unc alum who owns 2 mortgage companies and unc tried to get $100000 from him to fund Mayes nil.   He didn't give it though.   If he didn't get at least north of 500000 then he is crazy.  If Bama was offering 2mil I bet georgia was the 5mil.  

UGA would be another good bet.