• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

College Football 2023

jayboogieman

1 hour ago, CRA said:

Clemson has the most talented roster in the ACC.   And these are some of the best QB prospects any team in the nation can land.  Whatever the talent advantage has been is still in play. 

Clemson has really one issue.  It’s the passing game.  Everything else is in place and has been.  And it’s clearly a coaching/scheme issue.  Because it’s 5 star QBs looking like D3 backups.   Got to think it’s Dabo thumbprint of how they are managing the QB/pass game.   It’s all the same offense on repeat even with Riley, 

Dabo has failed to adjust to the NIL era. Wants to sign a certain type of kid, doesn’t want to embrace transfers. Ran off the better option at QB. It’s all centered around Dabo and the high school program he wants to run. Has his kids on the team when they clearly aren’t D1 athletes. He won with elite talent and then he stopped recruiting it. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, toldozer said:

BOOM, that's how we do it!! @4corners you ready to get some? Leonard is coming for you. Better then Howell or Maye

Great game by Duke, defended the pass pretty damn well (pass rush/secondary), out coached and all out hustle. Leonard made some plays, especially the 44 yard TD run… HOWEVER, let’s not get carried away putting him above or at the level of Maye or Howell. That’s just flat out trolling… lol!!

troll GIF

24 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

Dabo has failed to adjust to the NIL era. Wants to sign a certain type of kid, doesn’t want to embrace transfers. Ran off the better option at QB. It’s all centered around Dabo and the high school program he wants to run. Has his kids on the team when they clearly aren’t D1 athletes. He won with elite talent and then he stopped recruiting it. 

Klubnik was the top QB of his signing year and 3rd overall prospect 

It's just not working and that's not uncommon.  Because dj uiagalelei was also #1 QB and #3 overall and wasn't good either. 

You don't get more elite than landing two top QB prospects in a row. But that guarantees nothing.

30 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

Yeah, much of his success came from recruiting and relying on his coordinators to run the game. Personally, I’ve never considered him a great coach and apparently the NFL agrees, but that’s just my opinion.

8 minutes ago, csx said:

Klubnik was the top QB of his signing year and 3rd overall prospect 

It's just not working and that's not uncommon.  Because dj uiagalelei was also #1 QB and #3 overall and wasn't good either. 

You don't get more elite than landing two top QB prospects in a row. But that guarantees nothing.

DJ was actually pretty damn good last year. The narrative surrounding him was bad and Dabo helped feed that narrative. DJ put up better numbers last year than Will Levis and Anthony Richardson 

2 minutes ago, weyco2000 said:

Yeah, much of his success came from recruiting and relying on his coordinators to run the game. Personally, I’ve never considered him a great coach and apparently the NFL agrees, but that’s just my opinion.

And the moment he stopped recruiting talent look at him 

1 hour ago, AceBoogie said:

Clemson has absurd talent vs the rest of the ACC.   That's just a fact. 

Poor QB play is just as big of a game changer as great QB play.   That's the issue.  Not recruiting.  Not talent. 

and DJU and Cade were both the #1 QB recruits in the entire nation of their classes.  You can't recruit better than the #1 QB of a class.   He didn't stop recruiting talent. Dabo has them instantly looking like middle schoolers. 

and it certainly appears Dabo has just put his thumbprint on this O to a fault.  I can call the plays ahead of time.  It's been that way for years.  So you know a college defense can figure it out.    

Clemson went 11-3 last year with arguably THE worst QB play in all the power 5.  Was pretty much the same the year prior too.   Clemson can pull off those great bad years with no QB play.....because the talent in Clemson isn't comparable elsewhere in the ACC

32 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

And the moment he stopped recruiting talent look at him 

Cade was a 5 star and the #1 overall QB of his class. 

DJU was a 5 star and the #1 overall QB of his class. 

Clemson most definitely has problems.  This recruiting angle just doesn't fly.  Clemson's worst recruiting class in the last 4 years was a still a top 10 class.  No one in the ACC is close to their classes. 

He hasn't stopped recruiting talent.  Clemson wins that contest in the ACC in a landslide.  Has he lost the ability to evolve his offense going forward without a best in all of college football caliber QB? I think that is it.  Cade was doing the same predictable junk he had DJU doing.    QB play, bad or good, is just too big of a difference maker. 

Some recruits just don't work out. UNC landed the #1 CB recruit in the country s couple of years ago in Tony Grimes. He just turned out to not be good. It happens. #1 prospects at their position in the NFL draft bust too.

It's what makes DJ at Oregon State interesting to me. If he plays well and Klubnik struggles it's really going to point the finger at Clemson as the root issue. When the #1 prospect at his position goes to the same school and they both bust that's probably not a coincidence.

• Pie 1

8 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It just seems like something is happening at Clemson that they're losing confidence in their QB and in turn killing the confidence of their QB. The play calling tonight screamed they didn't trust Klubnik throwing the ball and he never looked comfortable out there to my eyes.

I mean, these are kids but they're not dumb. They've been playing and watching football their whole lives. They know when the play caller isn't showing confidence in them and that's gotta effect your head.

I agree.    D J Uiagalelei  and the current QB Cabe Klubnik.  They aren't  Watson, Lawrence , Tajh Boyd. Wide receivers haven't looked of NFL quality .  I think the there defense will come around, but that offense has a lot of work unless they wear Will Shipley out. ( 45 touches. ) 

51 minutes ago, weyco2000 said:

Great game by Duke, defended the pass pretty damn well (pass rush/secondary), out coached and all out hustle. Leonard made some plays, especially the 44 yard TD run… HOWEVER, let’s not get carried away putting him above or at the level of Maye or Howell. That’s just flat out trolling… lol!!

I do not  think R Leonard is as good as  D Mayes..   but he is ranked/ rated  as one of the top QB's in the country.  Just think if  Sam Hartman was still at Wake Forest..    It would be a possibility of 3 ACC QB's drafted in the first round ..