• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

REPORT: Panthers and Brian Burns not at all close to extension

TheSpecialJuan

12 minutes ago, therealmjl said:

I don't see any hate in here. Just stating the facts that he walked back his previous statements and is not worth the contract he is (reportedly) demanding. 

I want this deal done and want Burns on this team....but not at $30 million per year because he simply isn't worth that price tag.

Someone from the team leaked that number. If Burns camp is ASKING for 30 (if that’s true) and panthers want to be at 24 they will meet somewhere in the middle say 27 mill per year. With the cap increases going through the roof coming up that should be no issue as well as your rookie QB wage scale. This is the time to pay your young star all pro talent while we have Young so cheap. We waste millions on Sam Darnold, Robbie Anderson, etc but flip out about paying the all pro 25 year old DE when we turned down huge draft capital Last year for him, and we have zero talent at the position besides him. It’s a strange tactic, they have known what he has been asking for, for a while now and have made zero progress on a new contract. We have handled this so poorly he decided to hold out a week before the season. It’s not on Burns, this has been a no brained for a year now. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, therealmjl said:

Obviously. 

But please, point to a game where he completely took over and changed the outcome (or even the trajectory) of the game for us. That's what a $28-30 million per year player should be able to do.

The last Atl game. He hurried the QB on 3rds down forcing and Incomplete pass. Then got called for the phantom roughing the passer. We win that game if they were forced to punt.  I know you all will spin that one too.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 2

1 minute ago, Gerry Green said:

The last Atl game. He hurried the QB on 3rds down forcing and Incomplete pass. Then got called for the phantom roughing the passer. We win that game if they were forced to punt.  I know you all will spin that one too.

hey bro. I love brian burns. I want him on this team for a long time.

• Beer 1