• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

REPORT: Panthers and Brian Burns not at all close to extension

TheSpecialJuan

1 minute ago, panthers55 said:

Why practice yesterday and today if he isn't planning to play??

Why can’t the HC and DC say he is playing?

I assume he took the field as the parties got closer.  When it was reported they were far apart he wasn’t practicing.  Now that they seem close he is preparing to play. 

and the HC and DC have to call it day by day because team Burns is likely claiming he won’t take the field to play with out a deal and they hope it gets resolved by then. 

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1

Honestly the only thing that’s frustrating to me with this whole deal is that Fitt spent the whole off-season talking about aggression and how the FO would be forward thinking with getting stuff done. When it has come to this contract situation though, all they’ve done is drag their feet. I like Fitterer but I think the way they’ve handled this has been really bad. 

Good front offices get ahead of the curve on extensions and make sure their good (homegrown) players get taken care of. Good front offices also always find a way to make deals work with the cap. We see the Eagles do this year in and year out. 

Im not calling for Fitterer’s job but if these negotiations go south…..there needs to be discussions happening on Mint St.  Just get it done. 

1 minute ago, BlackPanther22 said:

Honestly the only thing that’s frustrating to me with this whole deal is that Fitt spent the whole off-season talking about aggression and how the FO would be forward thinking with getting stuff done. When it has come to this contract situation though, all they’ve done is drag their feet. I like Fitterer but I think the way they’ve handled this has been really bad. 

Good front offices get ahead of the curve on extensions and make sure their good (homegrown) players get taken care of. Good front offices also always find a way to make deals work with the cap. We see the Eagles do this year in and year out. 

Im not calling for Fitterer’s job but if these negotiations go south…..there needs to be discussions happening on Mint St.  Just get it done. 

They offered him what they think he's worth and it was turned down. Now the offer is right but the Panthers are balking at the guaranteed amount. He wants #2 in total money and fully guaranteed money if I was betting on it. 

4 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

They offered him what they think he's worth and it was turned down. Now the offer is right but the Panthers are balking at the guaranteed amount. He wants #2 in total money and fully guaranteed money if I was betting on it. 

Whatever it is, just figure it out. Samir is supposed to be a cap wizard so they should be able to figure out a way to make everything work. And I mean if they do extend him they’d ask him to restructure his deal next offseason anyways. 

Just tired of the discourse around the contract, which was largely avoidable had they been more aggressive in getting this done in the spring/early summer. 

Also, do we have people in here with good track records saying that they’re close or is this speculation?

Just now, BlackPanther22 said:

Whatever it is, just figure it out. Samir is supposed to be a cap wizard so they should be able to figure out a way to make everything work. And I mean if they do extend him they’d ask him to restructure his deal next offseason anyways. 

Just tired of the discourse around the contract, which was largely avoidable had they been more aggressive in getting this done in the spring/early summer. 

Also, do we have people in here with good track records saying that they’re close or is this speculation?

Someone that has ties to the team says the length and amount are ironed out, just working on guaranteed amount

3 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

Someone that has ties to the team says the length and amount are ironed out, just working on guaranteed amount

I’m asking if they have a reliable track record though? lol. In my short time on here I’ve seen people come on here and claim they know stuff and be totally wrong. 

And I’ve seen others who turn out to be legit. Just tryna wade through the shenanigans lol

14 minutes ago, CRA said:

Why can’t the HC and DC say he is playing?

I assume he took the field as the parties got closer.  When it was reported they were far apart he wasn’t practicing.  Now that they seem close he is preparing to play. 

and the HC and DC have to call it day by day because team Burns is likely claiming he won’t take the field to play with out a deal and they hope it gets resolved by then. 

They aren't saying anything because they have said repeatedly that you need to ask Burns and he isn't talking.  Burns isn't going to hold out but if he says that up front regardless of the negotiations he just gave away a huge bargaining chip and he isn't doing that. The Wednesday deadline was the point at which he had to report if he was going to play this weekend. 

4 minutes ago, BlackPanther22 said:

I’m asking if they have a reliable track record though? lol. In my short time on here I’ve seen people come on here and claim they know stuff and be totally wrong. 

And I’ve seen others who turn out to be legit. Just tryna wade through the shenanigans lol

Yes they do, I wouldn't have mentioned it if they didn't. 

14 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

If they're really just ironing out the details, then this not only needs to be done before Sunday, it needs to be done before practice starts tomorrow.

There is a cloud hanging over the team right now, the defense in particular.

Getting a happy and up beat Burns at practice tomorrow will be a vibe that will radiate throughout the entire defense, if not the entire team as a whole.  

Get. It. Done.

• Pie 1