• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Checked out?

Mr. Scot

1 hour ago, Jackie Lee said:

Is his kickoff jam thing not selling tickets or something? 

If I had to venture a guess I bet that's what this tweet is all about. I was kinda interested in going until I saw that tickets for me and my wife would be nearly $180. If it's not selling well, it probably has more to do with the cost than it does dampened fan enthusiasm.

I mean yeah, we looked like crap during the preseason but we still have an all new staff and a #1 overall pick at QB. There's still a lot of interest to see what we look like when the games actually count. But if I'm looking to spend $90 a person to go to a Panthers related event and I'm choosing between a kickoff party or an actual game, well I'll go to the game. Not trying to poo on Roaring Riot here, just being honest. I have no idea what their costs are on this thing, maybe they're charging what they have to charge to make this thing work as planned. 

• Beer 1

4 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

I dont think we are at the stage mismanaged... mismanaged would be when talks are called off and we go into the season without an agreement in place. 

I'd have to think that Samir is the one playing hardball... not Fiit.

Yeah, I’m sure Samir’s playing hardball like he did to Thomas, Chosen and Donte. We aren’t very good at setting prices or seeing far down the road or we wouldn’t be here. We should have known our negotiations would be best when Crosby/Chubb are signing, not when Bosa is.

I've been in neutral mode ever since the mismanagement of Cam's career, and Tepper buying the franchise (really wanted Ben Navarro). It has been fail after fail after fail ever since Tepper has taken over. Until proven otherwise, we are a bottom 5 franchise (or at least have been for the past 5 years).

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, Seltzer said:

I'm as big of a Panthers homer as there is, but even I am taking a wait & see attitude this season.  

Since 2017 (and our last playoff appearance):

• Julius Peppers retired.
  • Jerry Richardson was caught in a sex scandal and had to sell the team.
  • Chronic mismanagement of Cam's shoulder and blowing a 6-2 start in 2018 ruined the season.
  • An 0-2 start and Cam foot injury ruined 2019 from the start
  • In 2020, Cam is unceremoniously let go and Matt Rhule was hired to start an even worse time period.
  • Luke Kuechly sees where this trainwreck is going and retires.
  • The 2020 Season brought early hope, but then we started to realize just how far out of his depth Rhule was in the NFL.
  • In 2021, we ran Teddy off after signing him to significant money to replace Cam and gave up 3 draft picks to the Jets for the failed Sam Darnold reclamation project, only to sign Cam back in a desperate attempt to save the season and keep fans even remotely engaged.
  • In 2022, Rhule's nonsensical QB carousal and undeniable incompetence led to another wasted season and his dismissal.
  • Wilks brought some stability, but the season was too far gone.

Obviously, there has been a lot of general positivity with the Reich hire and drafting BY, but there is just so much negative that has happened over the past 5 seasons of gloom.

Given the WR injuries and Burns' contract, it is just mentally tough to get in the right space given how badly the last 5 seasons have shattered us as Panthers Nation.

I'm almost annoyingly optimistic, but this has been a lot for even me as a fan.  Objectively, it's hard to make a case that this franchise hasn't been the worst run in the entire NFL over the past 5 years.

That's hard to accept, but there is a lot of truth to it.  Only winning will cure this franchise of the cancer that has metastasized throughout this organization and fanbase since 2017.

Looking forward to Sunday but it has been a long 5 years and this offseason hasn’t really gone great. WR injuries, not signing Burns after turning down a haul, some seriously bad play in preseason games even if we all know scores/wins don’t matter and of course the eternal optimists talking playoffs before the preseason games only to start posting about tempering expectations after the preseason games. I was pretty excited for Young and still am about him but not really sure how we’ll do. It sure seemed like we plugged our QB hole and even with some growing pains there, the new staff should be able to outdo Rhule/Wilks.

• Pie 1

For me it's about the Burns situation, it's casting a shadow over the entire team right now and it's all our front office's fault.  We turned down 2 firsts for him, we lost all leverage, give him what he wants and instead of our best player being upset and moody, he'll be upbeat and bring endless energy to the rest of the team.

But instead he's threatening to not play and it's clear that the entire team and fans are feeling the affect right now.

Sign him or trade him, this can't go on any longer.

26 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

For me it's about the Burns situation, it's casting a shadow over the entire team right now and it's all our front office's fault.  We turned down 2 firsts for him, we lost all leverage, give him what he wants and instead of our best player being upset and moody, he'll be upbeat and bring endless energy to the rest of the team.

But instead he's threatening to not play and it's clear that the entire team and fans are feeling the affect right now.

Sign him or trade him, this can't go on any longer.

Speculation at its finest I tell ya what. You haven't the slightest clue how Burns or his teammates feel.

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, Gerry Green said:

Speculation at its finest I tell ya what. You haven't the slightest clue how Burns or his teammates feel.

Every image of him coming out right now looks like someone who's dog just died.

His dad and brother are posting negative stuff on social media due to this.

If you really don't think it's affecting the team when it's best player and Captain is doing that right now, then you really don't understand how an NFL locker room operates.

100% they feel it, not possible not to

8 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

Every image of him coming out right now looks like someone who's dog just died.

His dad and brother are posting negative stuff on social media due to this.

If you really don't think it's affecting the team when it's best player and Captain is doing that right now, then you really don't understand how an NFL locker room operates.

100% they feel it, not possible not to

lol okey dokey. If Burns is in the building, and at practice. That's all his teammates care about. they don't care about outside noise. All they care about is what Burns is bringing.

There has yet to be one single mention of Burns acting out. And that is all his teammates care about.

It's a business and every player knows it.

Edit to add; LOL at this line. "If you really don't think it's affecting the team when it's best player and Captain is doing that right now, then you really don't understand how an NFL locker room operates."

Use your own speculation to draw that conclusion is, oh what' the word, spectacular.

Edited by Gerry Green

When a team is bad for a long time fans tend to take out the magnifying glass to take a closer look at the mistakes being made in the moment, and prior to the collapse. We made massive mistakes in the past that led us here, and we're currently making mistakes. It's no random accident as to how we got here. Our team was and is being mismanaged, but I'm still going to watch every game and try to have a good time. I'll always be a Panthers fan and hope for the best. 

Edited by pantherj

Just now, Gerry Green said:

lol okey dokey. If Burns is in the building, and at practice. That's all his teammates care about. they don't care about outside noise. All they care about is what Burns is bringing.

There has yet to be one single mention of Burns acting out. And that is all his teammates care about.

It's a business and every player knows it.

You realize that he hasn't actually been practicing, right?

He's there, but he's off to the side

Just because they know it's a business doesn't mean it doesn't affect them.

Burns' dad posted this picture of him looking depressed while his teammates are smiling, with the caption saying how unhappy he is.

But sure, keep trying to convince yourself that nobody is affected by this at all

image.thumb.jpeg.ee0f583d5982a71ede7597f38671e391.jpeg

Just now, tukafan21 said:

You realize that he hasn't actually been practicing, right?

He's there, but he's off to the side

Just because they know it's a business doesn't mean it doesn't affect them.

Burns' dad posted this picture of him looking depressed while his teammates are smiling, with the caption saying how unhappy he is.

But sure, keep trying to convince yourself that nobody is affected by this at all

image.thumb.jpeg.ee0f583d5982a71ede7597f38671e391.jpeg

lol