• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The preseason performances has left a bad taste in a lot pundits mouths

GoobyPls

3 minutes ago, OnlyPantherFaninMaine said:

The criticism and lack of faith is fair at this point. We currently have a lot more question marks than answers and may be going on the road without our best player and defensive leader against a talented offense on Sunday. I feel like Bryce is going to have to play one heck of a game and elevate this entire team if we want to leave ATL with a W. Not sure that’s a fair ask of him at this stage. 

He's the #1 overall pick that we made a trade mortgaging our future on. Like it or not, he's being asked to carry a heavy load.

Just now, trucpfan said:

I can’t let this be the narrative I’m a homer and all but what we saw a lot of missed blocks Oline men getting handled leaving BY no time and WR miscommunications where it seemed like they didn’t know what route to run. That’s not showing nothing that’s not all being on the same page after a full training camp. Definitely could and I’d say will look better with Miles playing but that’s not just showing nothing that’s a team learning a new system with new teammates still putting it together. As compared to a teams 2nd or 3rd year per say how much more comfortable Kenny Pickett looks this offseason.

Go for it. Reich said they were going to put the kids in no win situations to see how they handled themselves. You have no idea what the plan is. If you want to go with worst case scenario, so be it. 

We were told it was going to be all about evaluation. 

We had a practice with the Jets, and we did practice on our own. And we have a topflight coaching staff. I'm pretty sure the guys know pretty much what their jobs are by now. 

19 minutes ago, NCBlu said:

The HC said he wasn't going to run ANY of the offense or ANY of the real defense. The Panthers open the season with two DIV games so I can see where they would not want to run plays they been working on.

Even on the training camp show they said they wanted to put them in some bad positions so they could try to grow fast so idk... If they look bad in real games then worry but even then all new everything, it will take time.

How can so many Huddlers not understand this. They are all worst=case scenario based off of preseason. Of which we were warned was for evaluation. 

I guess people only see, read or comprehend what they want.

6 minutes ago, trucpfan said:

I can’t let this be the narrative I’m a homer and all but what we saw a lot of missed blocks Oline men getting handled leaving BY no time and WR miscommunications where it seemed like they didn’t know what route to run. That’s not showing nothing that’s not all being on the same page after a full training camp. Definitely could and I’d say will look better with Miles playing but that’s not just showing nothing that’s a team learning a new system with new teammates still putting it together. As compared to a teams 2nd or 3rd year per say how much more comfortable Kenny Pickett looks this offseason.

Agree. Some people are black or white with things. Preseason doesn’t matter. No, wins and scores in preseason don’t matter because it’s never apples vs apples and so many players who won’t impact real games play a ton. What matters is when your starting players are making mistakes or losing 1 on 1 matchups. That’s concerning and a big reason why many say we didn’t look good. It’s amazing to me that that is hard to understand.

Just look at the homer posts that went from playoff talk due to assumptions that we improved more than our NFC South opponents mainly due to having the #1 pick. I agreed with them that we had a good shot. Then preseason rough play happened and those same people posting tons of threads on tempering expectations and saying we shouldn’t think playoffs.

• Poo 1

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

He's the #1 overall pick that we made a trade mortgaging our future on. Like it or not, he's being asked to carry a heavy load.

He is but I agree that I feel like he has to play really well for us to have win games. If he has an OK game, not sure I like our chances. 

Just now, WhoKnows said:

He is but I agree that I feel like he has to play really well for us to have win games. If he has an OK game, not sure I like our chances. 

That's generally how it goes for #1 overall picks. Plenty of ROY QBs had an ugly W-L record as a rookie. Cam set the league ablaze as a rookie and we won what? 6 games?

Bryce should be going into a considerably better situation than most #1 overall QBs since we traded up from #9 instead of legitimately being the worst team in the league last year.

• Beer 1

43 minutes ago, GoobyPls said:

I’ve listen to a ton of nfl/sports podcast and one thing I’ve noticed over the last month is that the preseason performance has completely shifted everyone opinion on us. Guys like Bill Simmons, Cowherd, Simms,  the PFF and bootleg football have all soured on the team. At one point they were all saying we might be sneaky playoff team 2 months ago, now we are giving the bears a top 5 pick and finishing last in the south 

Never knew people put that muck stock into preseason

Do yourself a favor and stop listening to these people 

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

That's generally how it goes for #1 overall picks. Plenty of ROY QBs had an ugly W-L record as a rookie. Cam set the league ablaze as a rookie and we won what? 6 games?

Bryce should be going into a considerably better situation than most #1 overall QBs since we traded up from #9 instead of legitimately being the worst team in the league last year.

Agreed. We were 7-10 and got Young and an amazing staff but we are being told to expect a worse season where we won’t be talking playoffs? We aren’t a 1-2 win team like most top picks join.

I still feel like Young has to do great for us to win and we went 7-10 with some serious poo at QB.

• Beer 1

I am excited to see the team Sunday and see what we actually have.  That said, the burns deal, chark being out, bad o line play returning, and lastly not even seeing a single snap from sanders makes me and other people go "welp, gonna be a long season".  Think about this, the top 2 offensive weapons we brought in to help young didn't even really play during preseason.  

All of that can be corrected before we even have a game at home if they look good in Atlanta and quell a lot of fears.

6 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

The 1st game of the season vs a non contender will tell us were we stand?

Im thinking by week 4 we know for sure where we stand as a team. Never judge a team off 1 game.

The problem we had this preseason was sustaining drives and having 1/2 people miss their assignment and ruin the play. How often that happens in week one will matter a lot. How fluid do we look? How comfortable will Bryce be? Will he make panic decisions? Is our defense playing fast or do they look slow? There's a lot we will get to see from this team week one besides a win or loss

Edited by Mr Mojo Risin