• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Panthers at Falcons GameDay Thread!

Zod

12 hours ago, DavidEng said:

My Panthers Game Grades

OL - A. Especially with Young holding on to the ball so long during pass plays.

QB - D. 10 for 38, 1 TD, 2 Int., 1 fumble (recovered), overthrows, underthrows. 

WR-F. Couldn’t get separation against my grandmother.

Hurst (TE)- A.

Defense- C+

OL - B+ they actually pleasantly surprised me how cohesive they were on most plays already. That said 5 sacks is not a number they should allow.

QB - I’ll reserve that until we see a bit more of him. 

WR - Who? Do we have any WR’s on the team. Agree on the F.

Hurst - A

Defense - D-, the defense overall was, not good. 

Coaches - F. Those game plans sucked ass. 

• Pie 1

9 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

Serious request: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rs18jn-zj0Q

I'd love to know, aside from one deep ball, where all the amazing plays were supposed to originate today with no open receivers. Looked like the absolute most touchdowns he could've thrown today was 2.

I’m going to do my normal all-22 breakdown this week. I’ll post by Thursday 

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Yeah I’m seeing 2 sacks and those cane at the end whenever they would blitz knowing he had to pass one was an overloaded blitz. 

This place is awful, but so is 15 other team’s message boards. If you want to see fans who are actually doing a good job of a message board meltdown go to the bears or

giants message board. It’s 100x more toxic than this place right now 

we are not even good at over reacting 

Edited by TheCasillas
  • Pie 4

1 minute ago, TheCasillas said:

This place is awful, but so is 15 other team’s message boards. If you want to see fans who are actually doing a good job of a message board meltdown go to the bears or

Yeah it really wasn’t that bad. We hung around and eventually the 3 turnovers (4 if you count failed 4th down conversion) with 17 points coming from them was too much to overcome. Our defense played much better than expected just ran out of gas at the end.

Basically our rookie QB made a couple rookie mistakes and if he cleans that up (which we all know he can) we will be fine.  I mean our staff addressed the media saying we may start off rough, but will look much better by season’s end. Now we have people writing off Young. Well ok if we are using game 1 as a sample size, AR is injury prone, and Stroud can’t score at this level. I guess they all are busts?

• Beer 1

7 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Yeah it really wasn’t that bad. We hung around and eventually the 3 turnovers (4 if you count failed 4th down conversion) with 17 points coming from them was too much to overcome. Our defense played much better than expected just ran out of gas at the end.

Basically our rookie QB made a couple rookie mistakes and if he cleans that up (which we all know he can) we will be fine.  I mean our staff addressed the media saying we may start off rough, but will look much better by season’s end. Now we have people writing off Young. Well ok if we are using game 1 as a sample size, AR is injury prone, and Stroud can’t score at this level. I guess they all are busts?

Don’t forget fields can’t throw the ball, pickett is a bust and burrow is regressing after he got paid.

surprised no one is talking about that rams/burns trade as frequently as they were.🙄

32 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Bears fans have a legitimate right to bitch. Year three of Fields and it looks like the same ol Bears. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, ForJimmy said:

Yeah I’m seeing 2 sacks and those cane at the end whenever they would blitz knowing he had to pass one was an overloaded blitz. 

The commentators at least twice during said that Atlanta had 3 sacks at that specific point, but they didn't have any, Carolina was the team with 3 sacks. They then did a half-assed correction saying "Atlanta doesn't have 3 sacks, but they do have 2 interceptions." (Classic NFL commentating not giving the Panther's even a crumb.)

Add the two real ones they got towards the end and that may be the source of the "5 sacks" number.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, travisura said:

The commentators at least twice during said that Atlanta had 3 sacks at that specific point, but they didn't have any, Carolina was the team with 3 sacks. They then did a half-assed correction saying "Atlanta doesn't have 3 sacks, but they do have 2 interceptions." (Classic NFL commentating not giving the Panther's even a crumb.)

Add the two real ones they got towards the end and that may be the source of the "5 sacks" number.

Makes sense. 

If Fitts is serious about continuously looking to upgrade this roster, he needs to, right now, sign a short yardage RB and compliment to Hurst.  We have the roster spots.  Wooten was elevated for game day, so we essentially have two available roster spots.

I get the WR aspect, and actually that is priority #1, but there is nothing out there really worth signing.

9 minutes ago, travisura said:

This. Fugging announcers… should know better than to listen to them. 

Edited by Harbingers
  • Pie 1