• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Are you as passionate towards Panthers football as you used to be?

Sean Payton's Vicodin

Are you as passionate towards Panthers football as you used to be?  

124 members have voted

1. 1. Topic title

• Yes
    • No

Not in the slightest but I think it's a combination of getting older and having better things to do then watching the same poo year after year. 

From childhood until about 28 I watched every game but now in my early 30s it may be on but I don't care if I miss parts of the game. Getting older and other things in life aren't going to wait for you. 

• Pie 2

Things are definitely different. Had friends where we would get up every Sunday to watch and analyze/cheer for every snap. We missed only like three games in Cam/Luke era. Before that, I watched every game even getting mentally upset if I missed a snap. In 02-03 season I had a friend show up to my SB party with a Patriots knit hat on and I made him drive 2 hours back home. Don't talk to that dude till this day and we were best friends in highschool. It was that serious! SB 50 and the following opening season crap! Drafting KB over Devante Adams and then him quitting on route in Chargers game in 17, the refs not calling the CB down, and Cam injuring his shoulder trying to make tackle were subtle punches to the gut. The Rhule/Cam debacle, Luke retiring because of how bad the Rhule hire was just deflated me. I seen Chad Pennington who already had a noodle arm hurt his shoulder and get two more jobs. Then to see Cam being explained away as done when he ran for more TDs in his MVP year than Teddy Two Gloves has ever thrown in his best season while our GM paid Teddy 60% of Cam's best contract was horseshite. I've said all that to say, I watch games, hope for them to be competent, but no real fervor.  

I watch every snap every year and try to attend a game or two every year even being on the west coast.

as I said in my "it's just pre-season" rant, I wish I did not enjoy watching this team as much as I do. it's nostalgic and there is always that bit of hope. luckily fantasy football and sports betting is a nice thing to fall back on to enjoy football when the panthers are trash, but even those can cause frustration lol.

it's hard to get too upset when the team is as bad as it has been. nothing worse than when you're 15-1 and lose the super bowl because of referees.

It's funny some people using the Canes as a reason why they follow hockey more and the Panthers less now. Where were y'all pre-2019 lol. 

To be fair, watching the Canes have won it all before, it's a little bit different. But the Canes have suffered just as much if not more than the Panthers even with a Cup win.