• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

THE FUTURE

scratched

I will once again come back for the bashing.... Yesterday was the exact reason I didn't think giving up what we did to acquire the #1 pick was needed at this time. WE HAVE TOO MANY GAPING HOLES! AND NO DEPTH! We are gonna win 4 or 5 games. We could have done that with Dalton or just about anybody. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think we have one 2nd rounder, one 3rd rounder and a 4th next year. As well as a few in the later rounds? What are we gonna do with that? Somebody help me out, because I'm struggling to see what we are trying to do here.

• Poo 2

5 minutes ago, Growl said:

can’t believe there are still unironic “prepare the roster” people lol

Yeah, you don't get to pick and choose when you land your franchise QB. When you think there's a chance you just have to shoot your shot. If you swing and miss you're gonna get fired. If you fail to ever swing you're still gonna get fired. Just the way the NFL goes. Not For Long doesn't just apply to players.

8 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, you don't get to pick and choose when you land your franchise QB. When you think there's a chance you just have to shoot your shot. If you swing and miss you're gonna get fired. If you fail to ever swing you're still gonna get fired. Just the way the NFL goes. Not For Long doesn't just apply to players.

the defensive side of the ball is a pretty complete unit, you sit around waiting until a Can’t Miss Generational Quarterback slips to you at 9 or 11 or 14 then you’re going to watch these rookie contracts guys get signed to big contracts with winning teams while you’re “preparing the roster”

the roster is never prepared, new holes open up every offseason, and of course even when you have a good core in place you need talent at the QB position to make it all go

i can’t believe there are still people oblivious to this 

• Pie 3

3 minutes ago, Growl said:

the defensive side of the ball is a pretty complete unit, you sit around waiting until a Can’t Miss Generational Quarterback slips to you at 9 or 11 or 14 then you’re going to watch these rookie contracts guys get signed to big contracts with winning teams while you’re “preparing the roster”

the roster is never prepared, new holes open up every offseason, and of course even when you have a good core in place you need talent at the QB position to make it all go

i can’t believe there are still people oblivious to this 

That and there's just no such thing as anything close to a complete roster in the NFL with the hard salary cap. Every roster has weak points and depth issues. I mean, we went 15-1 with a very flawed overall offensive roster. 

Not having a first rounder is going to hurt especially with the crop of WRs coming out, but we are hardly pick poor.  I'm looking at FA for WR because in year two of this evolution of the Panthers, we can ill afford having a guy whose not an immediate WR1 as a rookie.  Plus, our track record of 2nd round WRs is very suspect.  Moose, I think, is the most accomplished and that going WAAAAY back and there's not a close *pun* second.

That second round pick would be great value for a RB, DL, CB, edge or TE.  For the sake of our sanity and Bryce Young, we need a FA stud at WR.

I truly can't believe I'm the only one on here who thinks we shouldn't have given up DJ, the 9th pick, a late 2nd rounder, 2024 first rounder, and a 2025 2nd rounder. I'm not saying I'm right, but man, that's a lot to give up. I guess we shall see if it was the right decision. And this has nothing to do with who we drafted, because I do like Bryce. I've said before and I'll say it again. I just think we drafted who we want as a franchise QB a year or 2 too early. 

winning games in 2023 is not important for Carolina, Houstin or Indy.  Developing the QB is what matters at those 3 locations.  The season is going to be judged by how the QB looks at the end of the year......not what the w/l column is. 

• Pie 1