• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Say this Bryce thing doesn't work out... how far back is the Franchise set?

TheBigKat

We shot our shot for the no.1 pick.  That is a 100× better than the Panther's history of ignoring our needs and going after D- free agents and afraid to trade up for Justin Herbert. 

If it fails it fails, but they were not afraid to try and put the pieces that were available this season to help it succeed. That makes all the difference. 

• Pie 5

20 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

You're kidding yourself if you think Peyton and Eli wouldn't have both gone #1 overall this year. Eli had elite physical tools and Peyton had everything you want except mobility.

Peyton's arm was never elite.  His vision and accuracy was.  If Young was 6'2" he would have been one of the cleanest prospects to come out in a while.  His weakness was his size, but that really wasn't much of an issue yesterday.  

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1

8 minutes ago, Fenrir said:

I truly can't tell if some of you are trolling or not.

If you aren't and this thread is serious, my God you are a dumbass. 

It was his first game in a hostile stadium after having limited preseason snaps with the best receiver on the team being a rookie, a middling TE and a mediocre RB corps where the best player put the ball on the ground.

WTF are some of you expecting?

Bryce to be a super star with no rookie mistakes taking this team to 14-2 and a Super Bowl birth year one. /jk

10 minutes ago, Fenrir said:

I truly can't tell if some of you are trolling or not.

If you aren't and this thread is serious, my God you are a dumbass. 

It was his first game in a hostile stadium after having limited preseason snaps with the best receiver on the team being a rookie, a middling TE and a mediocre RB corps where the best player put the ball on the ground.

WTF are some of you expecting?

a free hot dog aand a beer from time to time would be nice...

Just now, ForJimmy said:

Peyton's arm was never elite.  His vision and accuracy was.  If Young was 6'2" he would have been one of the cleanest prospects to come out in a while.  His weakness was his size, but that really wasn't much of an issue yesterday.  

If Young would have been 6’ 2” the Bears wouldn’t have traded with us. But I have a feeling that at the end of the year they will wish they had of stayed at 1. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

34 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Why would you tank for Maye when Williams is in this class?  Williams is QB1 in this next class and it's not really that close.  

Williams has more red flags than a hurricane warning in Florida. He is already planting the seed that he will go back to USC if he is gonna be drafted by a team he doesn’t want to play for 

6 minutes ago, TANTRIC-NINJA said:

We shot our shot for the no.1 pick.  That is a 100× better than the Panther's history of ignoring our needs and going after D- free agents and afraid to trade up for Justin Herbert. 

If it fails it fails, but they were not afraid to try and put the pieces that were available this season to help it succeed. That makes all the difference. 

These are all fair points. I think I was more concerned about Reich hire than BY. 

Frank Reich could very well be Frank Wrong. 

37 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Wouldn't have to tank and the QB class is much deeper than this one.  I hope Bryce works out, but several teams are getting some great QB prospects in next year's draft.  I was in the wait camp, but alas, it wasn't to be.

Haven’t we been saying that almost every year since Cam left?

26 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

You're kidding yourself if you think Peyton and Eli wouldn't have both gone #1 overall this year. Eli had elite physical tools and Peyton had everything you want except mobility.

Eli has elite physical tools??  Are you kidding me??? AR has elite physical tools, so does Fields, Lawerence, Mahommes, Rodgers for that matter but Eli??  wth!   And I never said they wouldn't have gone #1 in this draft.  I said lets see what we got and give him time.  Its one damn game and Bryce is Bryce lets see what we have.

10 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Peyton's arm wasn't elite but it was good. Better than Bryce's. Don't let the old frankenneck version make you forget.