• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jaycee Horn expected to miss multiple weeks

jamos14

Just now, therealmjl said:

Should have would have blah blah blah. This revisionist stuff is so comical when a player who had no red flags just suddenly gets hit with the injury bug.

Also, Fields is horrible. So you wanted to draft a guy who is the bottom half of his position when on the field over a guy who is in the top half when on the field? 

I acknowledge there's no way to predict a guy suddenly becoming Mr. Glass when there were no indicators prior to drafting him.

But in regards to the rest of what you said - yeah, I would rather have another guy who has some success over a guy who is rarely ever on the field...  and I actually called for the Horn pick before we made it.  I thought he was the right guy at the time, but I also like Fields, Sewell, and Surtain.  I would've been happy with any of them, but I never would've imagined Horn would become so fragile.  It just sucks.  Availability is the greatest ability.

• Pie 1

Just now, Panthering said:

Can't predict injuries but we passed on Micah Parsons, Patrick Surtain, and Rashawn Slater for Horn. Parsons is already on a HoF trajectory and the other two are stud starters. Sheesh man. More CJ Henderson = another loss or two coming our way than normal. He's horrible

With Henderson at least he shows up and you can know what to expect. With Horn it’s just waiting for the inevitable bang his toe on the corner of a table and find out his back is fractured. 

You have to build your gameplan around Henderson being your top corner and then be happy surprised if Jackson or Horn can play that day. So sick of this. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Proudiddy said:

I acknowledge there's no way to predict a guy suddenly becoming Mr. Glass when there were no indicators prior to drafting him.

But in regards to the rest of what you said - yeah, I would rather have another guy who has some success over a guy who is rarely ever on the field...  and I actually called for the Horn pick before we made it.  I thought he was the right guy at the time, but I also like Fields, Sewell, and Surtain.  I would've been happy with any of them, but I never would've imagined Horn would become so fragile.  It just sucks.  Availability is the greatest ability.

It does suck, agreed. I never would have predicted this would happen to him. I'm not ready to write him off just yet if we can work him back after the bye week and he finishes out the season strong. 

• Beer 2

1 minute ago, Varking said:

With Henderson at least he shows up and you can know what to expect. With Horn it’s just waiting for the inevitable bang his toe on the corner of a table and find out his back is fractured. 

You have to build your gameplan around Henderson being your top corner and then be happy surprised if Jackson or Horn can play that day. So sick of this. 

if Horn is out, our best corner is probably Troy Hill

• Pie 8

1 minute ago, Varking said:

We really fumbled the bag at corner going into this season.  My hope was we would make enough upgrades that Horn wouldn't need to be depended on and Henderson would be cut.  I hope Hill and Jackson can hold it down and keep Henderson off the field.

• Pie 1

Henderson lost games by himself last season and they made absolutely no effort to get a quality corner in here this offseason

in fairness you had people here get piping mad when it was suggested they needed to be aggressive about it 

Edited by Growl
  • Pie 4

Just now, therealmjl said:

It does suck, agreed. I never would have predicted this would happen to him. I'm not ready to write him off just yet if we can work him back after the bye week and he finishes out the season strong. 

He will come back and play well for 2-3 games before he is injured again and misses another month. You know. I know it. Fitterer knows it. JC knows it. 

• Pie 1