• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Brady Christensen placed on IR

ncfan

Just now, Jon Snow said:

At this point you put the best player in at LG regardless of who it is. It's next man up. 

Fasten your seat belt folks. It's going to be a bumpy ride.

Agreed, I guess my point was that I can't see how that best next man up would be Mays, it's clearly Zavala or else Mays would be playing RG right now.

How this could benefit the Panthers in the long run: 

(Thank me later for being the voice of constant optimism and hope)

1.  Zavala moves to LG, his "natural position."  He never looks back.  BC had a PFF score of 56 or so last year--weakest link.

2.  Panthers can put Mays at RG, giving him valuable experience over the next 3 games until Corbett returns. 

Note:  By week 5, we have 2 starting guards and a backup.  Perhaps Christensen returns and there is no place for him.   GOOD!

3. BC has the athleticism to play OT, so you play him as the backup swing T-focusing on the right side.

4.  In 2024, Moton's contract swells to $30m.  Maybe you can trade him this season before the trade deadline (risky, I know) and move BC to starting RT.

Note: You saved $30m, upgraded at RG, and you have not lost a lot at RT if BC reaches his potential.  With the $30m in savings, you could probably sign a pretty good CB (Jackson is walking in 2024 as well) and WR.

While I like Moton, I do not see the logic behind giving him $30m when a team on a playoff run  is likely to overpay before the trade deadline.

• Pie 3