• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CRAZY Stat When Trailing....

Castavar

9 hours ago, pantherj said:

We don't have the weapons on offense to really do much other than lose this season. Yes we'll win a few games because some teams are just terrible, and we can't help but beat them. Good teams are going to beat the breaks off this team.

I would describe our passing offense as a sad capitulation. The receivers are not good enough, and even when they make a play Young is just not capitalizing on it because he's a rookie. If I didn't know Young was a rookie, then I'd say he's like Teddy Bridgewater, but with a bad sense of timing. Teddy's mid-level passing game was so good you couldn't go man-to-man on us because he would throw our receivers open and we'd get tons of YAC. But teddy wasn't good deep, and Young doesn't look good deep either. However Young is a rookie, so we don't have any idea what we have on our hands. This isn't the finished product obviously. This may sound crazy, but sometimes I find myself missing Teddy. That goes to show you just how much we Panthers fans have suffered that I wanted Teddy back when we had Sam. I still kind of miss him. His mid-range passes were on point, and that was with a poop o-line that nearly got him killed on most plays. What would Teddy do passing with this o-line? Some early pumpkin carving that's what.

The hardest part about watching this team is that there's nothing to enjoy on offense. It's just watching players struggle, and struggle... it's so boring. I don't know how many times we're going to score around 13 points, but it's going to be a lot imo. And there's no fast forward button to veteran Young. We just have to eat this again. More garbage.

You’re so right. We’re just watching the “Struggle Bus: NFL Edition”. Other teams make it look so easy too. That Lions-Chiefs game was like watching a different league

• Pie 1

Tepper's standards on display again. 

Seriously, how is he so constantly bad at managing everyone and everything. Like any positive they do is overshadowed by failure. It's an impressively consistent trend. 

I am not expecting it to change much either. I don't think this team has a chance until he burns through his need to play directly with the team and takes a big step back to a way more hands off approach and it's probably going to continue to stink for anyone along for the ride not in it just for the money.

• Pie 2

22 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Tepper's standards on display again. 

Seriously, how is he so constantly bad at managing everyone and everything. Like any positive they do is overshadowed by failure. It's an impressively consistent trend. 

I am not expecting it to change much either. I don't think this team has a chance until he burns through his need to play directly with the team and takes a big step back to a way more hands off approach and it's probably going to continue to stink for anyone along for the ride not in it just for the money.

Tepper went out and handpicked Rhule. Rhule went on to be one of the worst coaches in NFL history (win percentage wise). He's now handpicked Reich, but I'll give it time because it wouldn't be fair to judge off of one game (although I didn't want Reich after he choked against the then 2-14 Jags to make the playoffs). If he strikes out yet again with Reich and this (all star cast), then he needs to stay his ass out of the coach search process. But we all know he won't because he wants to be the "reason" we turn things around.

And don't even get me started on his turf installation. Terrible owner.

3 hours ago, Castavar said:

Tepper went out and handpicked Rhule. Rhule went on to be one of the worst coaches in NFL history (win percentage wise). He's now handpicked Reich, but I'll give it time because it wouldn't be fair to judge off of one game (although I didn't want Reich after he choked against the then 2-14 Jags to make the playoffs). If he strikes out yet again with Reich and this (all star cast), then he needs to stay his ass out of the coach search process. But we all know he won't because he wants to be the "reason" we turn things around.

The SC debacle was a huge red flag. I think Rhule was a big old learning experience but I am not impressed with anything since either. Better sure but he kept Fritterer and that is looking more and more like his last GM mistake where he kept someone too long instead of just flushing to begin again fresh. Suli is looking like the joke we always looked like. Reich is a good dude but meh up and down for me, just another Ron with his best days behind him. 

He needs to learn how to hire and manage people and let them cook. The fact it's been one game and the trend still stands is just beyond funny to me. It's just so consistent regardless of personnel changes. 

I'm going to take the positive spin here, although it's a hail mary.  That type of 4th quarter ineptitude just can't last forever.  Regression to the mean should start now hence more pull-ahead 4th quarter games and wins.  Either that or the stat won't matter once we put an opponent down early and we aren't trailing in the 4th at all.

brb, time for another hit of acid

3 hours ago, Castavar said:

Tepper didn't handpick Reich. The coaching hires was run by Fitterer and Morgan.

The guy Tepper reportedly wanted was Ben Johnson.