• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A loss to the Saints on MNF would be as bad a start as the Panthers can get.

hepcat

1 minute ago, tukafan21 said:

They switched schemes mid season last year on both sides of the ball and improved, a full offseason with this all star constructed staff shouldn't be having the type of problems that make it acceptable to call it a "rebuild"

If they felt the staff turnover was going to cause that many issues, THEN YOU DON'T TRADE AWAY THE FARM FOR A QB WITH SERIOUS LONGEVITY CONCERNS THE YEAR BEFORE A STACKED QB DRAFT!!!!!

That's what I can't get past with people calling this year a rebuild.  If you really felt it was going to be like that this year, then you keep your picks, sign a journeyman QB, take your lumps while the rest of the team learns the new schemes, and draft your QB with your own pick next year.

THAT is how you do a rebuild, not get the QB first.  What we did is basically the equivalent of Groot stealing that battery in the jail of the first Guardians of the Galaxy movie.  It was supposed to be the last piece to the puzzle, but instead did it first in a stupid way and then needed to scramble to figure the rest out.

I'm still not saying I think the sky is falling on this season after 1 week, plenty of time to turn it around, but it's why I can't stand people saying this year should be viewed in the sense of a rebuild.

But if Bryce doesn't end up a HOF caliber QB and we give a Top 10 pick to the Bears next year, that trade will forever be looked at as the worst transaction in franchise history.  I'm sorry, but it's just a fact.

You’re 100% right. They traded up and specifically picked Bryce Young because they felt he was the most pro ready and the team was good enough to complete with the right QB. We’ve been sold on this “all star coaching staff” but yet it’s a “rebuild”. Excuse after excuse after excuse when the best this team has looked since the first half of 2018 was under Steve Wilks coaching Matt Rhule’s rejects. 

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

They switched schemes mid season last year on both sides of the ball and improved, a full offseason with this all star constructed staff shouldn't be having the type of problems that make it acceptable to call it a "rebuild"

If they felt the staff turnover was going to cause that many issues, THEN YOU DON'T TRADE AWAY THE FARM FOR A QB WITH SERIOUS LONGEVITY CONCERNS THE YEAR BEFORE A STACKED QB DRAFT!!!!!

That's what I can't get past with people calling this year a rebuild.  If you really felt it was going to be like that this year, then you keep your picks, sign a journeyman QB, take your lumps while the rest of the team learns the new schemes, and draft your QB with your own pick next year.

THAT is how you do a rebuild, not get the QB first.  What we did is basically the equivalent of Groot stealing that battery in the jail of the first Guardians of the Galaxy movie.  It was supposed to be the last piece to the puzzle, but instead did it first in a stupid way and then needed to scramble to figure the rest out.

I'm still not saying I think the sky is falling on this season after 1 week, plenty of time to turn it around, but it's why I can't stand people saying this year should be viewed in the sense of a rebuild.

But if Bryce doesn't end up a HOF caliber QB and we give a Top 10 pick to the Bears next year, that trade will forever be looked at as the worst transaction in franchise history.  I'm sorry, but it's just a fact.

Against sh-t opponents...yeah. What happened when we played good teams?

And yes, if Bryce, et al don't work out, it'll be bad, but the notion that we can infer anything about that from two games is sheer stupidity.

40 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

Yeah, keep on with the “rebuild” 

signed,

2-0 Desmond Ritter

2-0 Mayfield

2-0 garbage ass David carr 

I mean, the Saints and Bucs aren’t rebuilding.  They inserted vet QBs into what they deem as solid rosters.  It’s basically where Rhule had us.  

We could have done that.  It would have been keeping CMC.  Keeping Moore.  And bringing in someone like a Mitch Trubisky or some other castoff. 

10 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

They didn’t switch offenses.  They switched what pages of the playbook and calls were going to be made.   It was Wilks telling the same OC to run the ball.   They didn’t learn a new offense mid season 

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

And yes, if Bryce, et al don't work out, it'll be bad, but the notion that we can infer anything about that from two games is sheer stupidity.

Beat Seattle in Seattle and the Bucs with Brady, both playoff teams. Matt Rhule didn’t do anything like that 

• Pie 1

38 minutes ago, jfra78 said:

I would like to give them a lower pick just because it means we had a good season.  I dont understand why people would care what pick we give them, we can't use it anyway.  If we have a bad season, I'd rather have a high second round pick

I rather be known as the winners of the Bryce young trade

• Flames 2

4 minutes ago, hepcat said:

Beat Seattle in Seattle and the Bucs with Brady, both playoff teams. Matt Rhule didn’t do anything like that 

Seahawks were barely above 500 last year. The Bucs record was even worse.

I'd add regarding the Bucs, you might wanna recheck the score of that second game.

14 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I've never said we can infer anything yet, even in my posts in this thread I've said it's too early to do that and there is plenty of time to turn it around.

All I'm saying is that it infuriates me beyond belief when people call this season the first of a "rebuild" and use that as a way to excuse away a rough season.

The staff said all offseason that they felt we had a good roster in place and that's why we traded the farm to get Bryce, as he was the most pro ready and able to step in and win games with the roster they put together.  That's NOT a rebuild, when the staff says things like that and they make the trade they did to go get Bryce, having a "rebuild" season is then unacceptable.

That's what I'm saying and why I get upset when people say things like "we always knew this was going to be a rough year because it's the first of a rebuild" and use that to be okay with the possibility of giving a Top 10 or even Top 5 pick away to the Bears.  If that happens, this season and the trade will be an abject failure that can only be rectified by Bryce winning a SB here and then ending up in Canton.

• Pie 1

We are not doing a complete tear down style rebuild. We have some good pieces but needed a QB to try to build something, so we traded for one and added a brand new coaching staff. Said rookie QB has made one start, ONE! The goal this year is progress throughout the season and then make some moves in FA next year. Next year should be playoffs or bust, not this year.

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

6 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

I've never said we can infer anything yet, even in my posts in this thread I've said it's too early to do that and there is plenty of time to turn it around.

All I'm saying is that it infuriates me beyond belief when people call this season the first of a "rebuild" and use that as a way to excuse away a rough season.

The staff said all offseason that they felt we had a good roster in place and that's why we traded the farm to get Bryce, as he was the most pro ready and able to step in and win games with the roster they put together.  That's NOT a rebuild, when the staff says things like that and they make the trade they did to go get Bryce, having a "rebuild" season is then unacceptable.

That's what I'm saying and why I get upset when people say things like "we always knew this was going to be a rough year because it's the first of a rebuild" and use that to be okay with the possibility of giving a Top 10 or even Top 5 pick away to the Bears.  If that happens, this season and the trade will be an abject failure that can only be rectified by Bryce winning a SB here and then ending up in Canton.

What would you expect the staff to say?

And frankly, whether you like talking about it being a rebuild or not doesn't mean anything.

It still is.