• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Soooo Bryce Young will never QB sneak???

Basbear

1 minute ago, Ricky Spanish said:

The only team it's really unstoppable with is the Eagles because they have a generational center and a QB that can squat 600 lbs. 

No idea if Bryce can sneak it, but he might be small enough for Tremble to yeet him over the line when he's lined up at FB on the draw play. 

I swear, I read this- the panthers will not even try the play due to youngs frame.  I cannot find it, i think it was right after the game talking about the 1st quarter 4th and 1 failure. Along the lines "Panthers staff wouldnt dare QB sneak given Young is their QB".

Tons of QBs pull it off, without the huge workout. Arod along with brady are/were pros at this. 

"Cam Newton had a career rushing average of 5yards/carry. Why don't other QBs like Tom Brady or Peyton Manning just run the ball on 3rd and short when the average for this insanely athletic QB would easily convert it."

Really though I think it comes down to you can do some things with some QBs and not other things with other QBs. It's not an issue until it is. 

• Pie 1

I found it- https://www.panthers.com/news/notebook-jaycee-horn-s-injury-frustrating-for-him-and-teammates

— When the Panthers put together the roster, one of the things that was evident was the lack of a true short-yardage option to go to since they have a small quarterback in Bryce Young who isn't going to sneak it.

boze can bulldoze DTs and young can fall in the small crack....

5 minutes ago, RumHam said:

why is every damn play in the pistol?

Frank Reich's teams always were heavy shotgun

Young was heavy shotgun in college

Marriage was always going to result in Young not being under center that much. 

lot of college QBs don't know how to do a traditional QB sneak because they aren't running them in college.  I hate it because my college team has done it for decades.  Shotgun on the 1 yard line is infuriating to watch as a fan. 

11 minutes ago, Basbear said:

I found it- https://www.panthers.com/news/notebook-jaycee-horn-s-injury-frustrating-for-him-and-teammates

boze can bulldoze DTs and young can fall in the small crack....

So you’re taking a remark by Darin Gantt to mean that they don’t have it in the play book? Not anything that the coaches have said or anything like that. Just a random comment by a reporter in an article?

This poo is exhausting.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, WUnderhill said:

So you’re taking a remark by Darin Gantt to mean that they don’t have it in the play book? Not anything that the coaches have said or anything like that. Just a random comment by a reporter in an article?

This poo is exhausting.

They didnt attempt one and had a few chances. 

Sorry about the exhausting part, it can be viewed in a bad light, which i jumped too. Please post when young does attempt one.