• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young sucks

therealmjl

2 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

I don't know if his height is an issue or not, but I'm more concerned with his arm strength right now. Whether he doesn't trust his arm/what he sees, or just can't make the throws, he isn't able to stretch the field the way he needs to.

Edited by mav1234
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, mav1234 said:

I don't know if his height is an issue or not, but I'm more concerned with his arm strength right now. Whether he doesn't trust his arm, or just can't make the throws, he isn't able to stretch the field the way he needs to.

He's missed multiple open reads because he can't see over the pocket. All 22 will be interesting this week

• Pie 2

Bryce hasn't looked good, but the organization has not put him in many situations to look good so far. Even with all new staff and players, our offense just looks "slow" just like it always has. We wait till the last second to snap the ball every damn play, and everything feels like it takes 10 years to develop. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Moonraker said:

Bryce hasn't looked good, but the organization has not put him in many situations to look good so far. Even with all new staff and players, our offense just looks "slow" just like it always has. We wait till the last second to snap the ball every damn play, and everything feels like it takes 10 years to develop. 

I don't mind the waiting to snap the ball given what Bryce's skillset it supposed to be, this isn't like when we did it with Cam to let it run down while just standing around.

That is by design to let Bryce do his mental side of things, which I'm fine with.

The scary thing is that he kept doing his audibles, particularly on 3rd down, and they NEVER worked.  Think the only time I noticed him doing his audibles at the line on 3rd down and we converted was when he ended up scrambling for the long run, which while nice, has nothing to do with his changes at the line.

Early, small sample size, blah blah.

But at this point, Bryce Young makes Teddy Bridgewater look like Cam Newton. And by all appearances, we’re going to continue to mistime and stagger our GM and coaching hires yet again when we kick our current dipshit out the door at the end of the season.

Edit: he is also possibly the lowest energy player I have ever seen. Keeping calm and collected is good, but he’s borderline catatonic out there.

Edited by Sloth
  • Flames 1

I could forgive a bunch of interceptions, I could forgive some bad reads, but I just don't see any fire. I don't see an unceasing desire to win. I'd be okay to see him go and try his ass off and fall on his face. But I just see a very pedestrian QB, like if you had your fifth rounder step in after your first and second stringer went out with injuries. 

God dammit, get angry! Fight! Make throws down field. COMPETE!

• Pie 2

Remember when Cam Newton broke out with 422 yards his first game? Looked the part. Took your breath away with the thought of what’s to come? Yea, this is like the absolute opposite of that. Makes me think we just traded a poo ton of draft capital on a dude that will be selling Toyotas in a few years. Hell, his dad knows what’s up. The look on his face. Seeing his dads face tonight reminds me of my face when I saw my baby girl struggling at 8u softball. They are your world but you realize they aren’t going to be D1 athletes. 

We made a mistake. This child isn’t it. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 2