• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Post Mortem: Game 2

Mr. Scot

Just now, MGH1989 said:

Says it’s a bad trade and then literally says it’s too early to say whether Young will be good or bad.

lmfao wut.

Y’all need to go to bed.

For real.

It's cool to see the passion and how everyone is bummed, but it seems expectations were too high in general at the beginning of the season.

I can not get as upset and agro as everyone seems to be these days.

• Pie 4

Just now, Ricky Spanish said:

For real.

It's cool to see the passion and how everyone is bummed, but it seems expectations were too high in general at the beginning of the season.

I expected a slow start and a bigger beatdown tonight than was given. A rookie QB with horrible gameplans and no speed at WR ain't gonna light the world on fire. It was always going to be a long season, just depends on how much Bryce can get better. And Mingo. And the line. And the damn coach

But to your last point, agree. There's far more important things to worry about than this.

• Pie 2

6 minutes ago, USDepartmentOfSavagery said:

So explain what the problem is. You are just making excuses. How has the rest of the division with equally bad rosters, or worse (italics doesn’t make you right) all be collectively undefeated and scoring multiple TDs a game. What is our issue? OL? Supposed to be a strength? This experienced, HOF, coaching staff should be able to scheme open this WR corps with the QB THEY WANTED AMD TEADED UP FOR. 

I already did.

If you don't get it, I can't help you. And based on your reactions, it doesn't look like you do.

So for now, don't bother boring me. Try coming up with some kind of critique smarter than "everybody sucks" and maybe we can talk. Till then 🙄

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 2
  • Poo 2

5 minutes ago, davos said:

I want one of those all-22 people that spend hours on end with this stuff to make a breakdown after this one.  Even more so than last week to scope this out.  

I'd like to see traced route trees on some of these playcalls in singleback where it was deeping stepping dropbacks.  It was just very, very ugly. 

I saw so little condensed formations, angular running attacks in wide zone, sails routes.  Virtually no daggers.

Casillas did that for week one. Not sure if he's able to do it this week or not because he has some...things coming up.

• Poo 1

18 minutes ago, davos said:

For having 3 ex-NFL QBs on this staff, one a SB winning OC as HC, an OC that's a McVay disciple/SB winner (and close companion), and a SB-winning HC consulting the offense, it is incredibly disappointing we can barely muster 150 yards in the air, now two games in a row.

What worked against ATL was done even less.  We simply aren't running a competent offense. The lack of response and effective adjustments after game 1 is incredibly concerning.  Furthermore, the lack of nuance to the sequence of playcalls is reminiscent of Foxball.

This would make Matt Stafford look like CJ Beathard.

Kinda goes to show that maybe there are too many cooks in the kitchen or football isn’t all that complicated.

6 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

For real.

Passion's a lot more interesting when it's tempered by logic.

The suggestion that we know anything definitive after just two weeks of this season is damn near deranged.

• Poo 1

5 minutes ago, MGH1989 said:

Says it’s a bad trade and then literally says it’s too early to say whether Young will be good or bad.

lmfao wut.

Y’all need to go to bed.

It's cost vs risk, not about the player himself

We gave up FAR too much of a cost given the risks associated with Bryce.

Do you realize how few QB's there have been in the history of the NFL who have been good enough to win without other elite talent around them?

Maybe a dozen or so over the history of the NFL 

By giving up CMC, Moore, 2 Firsts and a Second to get Young and DJ Johnson, while simultaneously not having the first round pick the season after Bryce's rookie year, we basically bet on him to become one of those Top 12-15 QBs in the history of the NFL.  All on someone who possesses no elite physical traits for the QB position and betting on their mental acumen to overcome those odds.

And yes, next year's first rounder is massive, even if you don't look at it as a different QB we could have taken.  

People point to players like Burrow and Peyton and say, see, a bad rookie year isn't the worst as they usually are great from then on, well.....

The Bengals were horrible in Burrow's rookie year, but they were so bad that it got them Chase with the draft pick because of it.

The Colts were terrible in Peyton's rookie year, but they were so bad that it got them Edgerrin James with the draft pick because of it.

So no, Bryce's career isn't written in stone, he could still be a good QB.  But that doesn't mean it was a smart trade, and not being able to distinguish and see the difference in those two things is on you, not on me for being an irrational person/fan.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 2

34 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

So if I don't pay a whole lot of attention to whatever criticism or critique you have, afraid you'll just have to deal with it for now. Got more important things to worry about.

Oh yes, wise sage Scot, we are all waiting on pins and needles for your responses... what with how rare they are and all.

You are usually so stingy with your opinions that they carry more weight than the gospels themselves.

3 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

It's cost vs risk, not about the player himself

We gave up FAR too much of a cost given the risks associated with Bryce.

Do you realize how few QB's there have been in the history of the NFL who have been good enough to win without other elite talent around them?

Maybe a dozen or so over the history of the NFL 

By giving up CMC, Moore, 2 Firsts and a Second to get Young and DJ Johnson, while simultaneously not having the first round pick the season after Bryce's rookie year, we basically bet on him to become one of those Top 12-15 QBs in the history of the NFL.  All on someone who possesses no elite physical traits for the QB position and betting on their mental acumen to overcome those odds.

And yes, next year's first rounder is massive, even if you don't look at it as a different QB we could have taken.  

People point to players like Burrow and Peyton and say, see, a bad rookie year isn't the worst as they usually are great from then on, well.....

The Bengals were horrible in Burrow's rookie year, but they were so bad that it got them Chase with the draft pick because of it.

The Colts were terrible in Peyton's rookie year, but they were so bad that it got them Edgerrin James with the draft pick because of it.

So no, Bryce's career isn't written in stone, he could still be a good QB.  But that doesn't mean it was a smart trade, and not being able to distinguish and see the difference in those two things is on you, not on me for being an irrational person/fan.

And don’t forget the Panthers weren’t winning many games in Cam’s rookie season but it got them Luke Kuechly 

1 minute ago, Stumpy said:

Oh yes, wise sage Scot, we are all waiting on pins and needles for your responses... what with how rare they are and all.

You are usually so stingy with your opinions that they carry more weight than the gospels themselves.

Nah. I just prefer discussing them with smarter people 😁

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1