• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Post Mortem: Game 2

Mr. Scot

3 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

Really?

Nico Collins, Robert Woods, and Tank Dell are better skill players than Chark, Thielen, and Mingo?  

No, just no, give me some of whatever you're smoking, cause that poo's the bomb.

I'd have said maybe Pierce or Shultz over Sanders or Hurst, but Pierce and Shultz haven't done anything yet this year.

We have a significantly better line (they were missing 4 starters on their line yesterday) and better skill players, not to mention the "all star" offensive staff while Stroud's HC is a defensive minded guy.

This isn't even me arguing for Stroud over Young, it's solely about everything else around the QB's, we're much better in that regard than the Texans, no question about it.

I want to see the updated separation advanced stat for Week 2. Week 1 was horrendous for us and only one wasn’t well below average. And that has an asterisk because it was Shenault who was catching screens three yards behind the line of scrimmage. 

23 minutes ago, Eazy-E said:

And the Panthers have Hayden Hurst, Adam Thielen, DJ Chark, and a promising rookie drafted a round before Dell in Jonathan Mingo. Also signed a pro bowl running back.

Man it’s almost like you could argue the Panthers actually have more talent on offensive compared the the Texans.

Not smartly, you couldn't.

We invested in protecting him first. I'm good with that because that was the most important thing.

Skill players come next.

33 minutes ago, toldozer said:

Who is going to bring them in and with what money if burns and brown are going to eat up 50 mil?

Well one, there's this thing called the draft...

As far as the other, that's a matter of cap management. And I seriously doubt the two of them are going to take up 50 million in cap per year.

34 minutes ago, toldozer said:

I meant at the end of the year not tomorrow. Sorry should have clarified,  and I'm only half way serious 

You shouldn't be. It wouldn't look any smarter then.

Not just talking about firing a coach after one year (which is a good way to turn yourself into the Cleveland Browns) but also Deion at this point has accomplished less as a college coach than Matt Rhule has. Basing anything on a two-game sample is kinda silly.

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Not smartly, you couldn't.

We invested in protecting him first. I'm good with that because that was the most important thing.

Skill players come next.

Well one, there's this thing called the draft...

As far as the other, that's a matter of cap management. And I seriously doubt the two of them are going to take up 50 million in cap per year.

That's why I asked who was bringing them in. Fitt doesn't have a lot of success bringing in skill players through the draft

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

You shouldn't be. It wouldn't look any smarter then.

Not just talking about firing a coach after one year (which is a good way to turn yourself into the Cleveland Browns) but also Deion at this point has accomplished less as a college coach than Matt Rhule has. Basing anything on a two-game sample is kinda silly.

He dominated at Jackson St. That's just as impressive as beating non top 25 schools at temple and Baylor and the media loves him. Do you really believe he could do any worse then Fatt Fhule?

5 minutes ago, toldozer said:

That's why I asked who was bringing them in. Fitt doesn't have a lot of success bringing in skill players through the draft

He dominated at Jackson St. That's just as impressive as beating non top 25 schools at temple and Baylor and the media loves him. Do you really believe he could do any worse then Fatt Fhule?

Way too early to judge prior draft picks, especially given that some were drafted to fit into systems that aren't being run here anymore (that's what happens when you change coaching staff).

As far as Sanders, no he hasn't accomplished anything significant yet. It's still just a couple of games against subpar opponents. His next two games are going to be a lot more challenging.

I'd add that if you're hoping for Sanders to become a pro coach, you can drop that idea. He's already stated that he doesn't want to coach at the pro level.

1 minute ago, Newtcase said:

A balanced and nuanced breakdown of another Panther loss.  This is the way.

I hope everything is ok with your wife.

Thanks. We'll be heading to the hospital in the morning.

Hoping whatever's wrong is fixable without her having to endure another surgery. She's had four over the last year.

I’m not gonna overreact to a rookie QB starting his second game, I can’t lie I was expecting more with from this offense this year, we look just as bad as last season. If you told me that was Rhule with Baker/Darnold out there in disguise I wouldn’t tell the difference. Reich offensive scheme looks terrible, our running game is trash, our best WR in as old man who’s best suited for slot, the pass protection has been ok at least.

1 hour ago, App Panther said:

L O L

You guys are talking about the Texans and drawing comparisons or lack there of. That should tell you everything about the direction this franchise. 

Yes, it’s very alarming. The Texans top to bottom are a worse overall team and drafted the other QB. That QB has been markedly better in an overall worse situation.

Anyone trying to sugar coat that is being delusional.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

4 hours ago, Eazy-E said:

Yes, it’s very alarming. The Texans top to bottom are a worse overall team and drafted the other QB. That QB has been markedly better in an overall worse situation.

Anyone trying to sugar coat that is being delusional.

Exactly the Texans had the #2 pick in the draft because they were that bad. 

The Panthers had to trade up to get to that spot. 

Stroud threw for more yards in one game than the Panthers have in both games. Frank and crew are running out of excuses, of why this offense is so putrid. 

I can live with the highs and lows of a rookie, but I've not seen much highs yet. 

• Pie 1