• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Post Mortem: Game 2

Mr. Scot

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

If I had to guess, I'd say it's as much or more about Young learning then it is about winning.

I'm okay with that. I know some of our more emotional crowd will be, but hey...

The omission of concepts shouldn't limit what we're giving Young.  You create a more limiting system within the same concept and grow it from there for these guys.  This doesn't look like we're pulling anything from successful modern offenses.  The framework isn't there. 

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

I'm gonna guess you're joking, given that firing a coach two games into his stint would make us look like the most ignorant franchise in the league.

Good luck hiring anybody after you pull a dumbass stunt like that.

I meant at the end of the year not tomorrow. Sorry should have clarified,  and I'm only half way serious 

1 minute ago, Eazy-E said:

Who are these skill players you speak of who are so much better then the Panthers?

Best of the bunch would likely be Dalton Schultz who was franchised by the Cowboys last year (the Mrs was pretty pissed to see them lose him).

Then you've got a super promising rookie and Tank Dell and a fairly decent receiver in Nico Collins.

1 minute ago, Jackie Lee said:

Yeah he has Dell and 0 else

Yeah, hard to spin it otherwise, although love Tank. He led CFB in multiple categories for a reason.

HOU has arguably the worst WR group in the last 5 years right now.  One of the only ones arguably worse than ours. 

I said it in the game day thread, but we’ve got a lot of fans mad at themselves for thinking we were Super Bowl bound just last month.

The product on the field is so far from their unrealistic expectations so they’re in a bit of a hysteria.

This roster is missing some talent and we seem to be dropping key players to injuries at a rapid rate. This year will be painful. So far, I’m most disappointed in our recent WR draft choices. Is TMJ on the practice squad?

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

7 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Stroud has skill players but a subpar line.

Bryce has a solid line but not much in the way of skill players.

At this point, I'd rather he be protected. We can get better skill players next year.

Really?

Nico Collins, Robert Woods, and Tank Dell are better skill players than Chark, Thielen, and Mingo?  

No, just no, give me some of whatever you're smoking, cause that poo's the bomb.

I'd have said maybe Pierce or Shultz over Sanders or Hurst, but Pierce and Shultz haven't done anything yet this year.

We have a significantly better line (they were missing 4 starters on their line yesterday) and better skill players, not to mention the "all star" offensive staff while Stroud's HC is a defensive minded guy.

This isn't even me arguing for Stroud over Young, it's solely about everything else around the QB's, we're much better in that regard than the Texans, no question about it.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 2

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Best of the bunch would likely be Dalton Schultz who was franchised by the Cowboys last year (the Mrs was pretty pissed to see them lose him).

Then you've got a super promising rookie and Tank Dell and a fairly decent receiver in Nico Collins.

And the Panthers have Hayden Hurst, Adam Thielen, DJ Chark, and a promising rookie drafted a round before Dell in Jonathan Mingo. Also signed a pro bowl running back.

Man it’s almost like you could argue the Panthers actually have more talent on offensive compared the the Texans.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

37 minutes ago, Moonraker said:

Bryce hasn't looked good but the entire offense is putrid. It's hard to look at just 1 man and point your finger. I would have rather seen us take Stroud or AR, but it's too late for that now. If he's going to be successful, it's going to be the Drew Brees timing and pick you apart playstyle with the occasional deep bomb when people overcommit (in my opinion). I honestly don't know what our offensive system is, but we need players who can accommodate that playstyle if we are going to see him and the offense succeed. 

Our offense has no identity yet.

On an off note, It would appear that Chuba is actually our most explosive playmaker, and that's not the position we want to be in. 

• Beer 2