• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young hot take

Zod

1 hour ago, Zod said:

I think he is the next Drew Brees if he gets the right coaching.

We don't know how well Brees would have done his rookie season, because he didn't start. But I suspect he would have looked a lot like Bryce.

I was always jealous of how quickly Brees would dissect the defense and that quick gd release. So hard to defend.

I see that potential in Bryce. 

Bryce is going to be fine.  He's not shitting the bed.  Hes just doing what he can with what he's given, which is not much so far.  Once we get a legit playmaker or 2 on offense, and Reich stops calling plays, we will be OK.  This is just bad football to watch currently, unfortunately. 

• Pie 3

1 hour ago, AceBoogie said:

When watching Bryce it’s pretty obvious that he’s a step ahead of his team around him. Throws with anticipation and where WRs are supposed to be. Offense just needs to catch up to him. 

That anticipation throw to Thielen that was picked off out of bounds is the perfect example of this. Bryce threw where he was supposed to, but the defender literally ran the route for the receiver.

1 hour ago, Lame Duck said:

I think Bryce will be fine and I have been one of his worst critics on this board.  I called him a bust during the draft.  Bryce is playing mostly mistake free football and he takes what defense gives him.  He’s very very good at reading the game and avoids forcing things.

I think the issue is with the fans because they set unrealistic expectations in their heads that Bryce is next Drew Brees right out of college.  No, it takes time to make the transition.  Bryce will be fine.

He needs his Jameson Williams at the pro level.  Period.  Hes working with a bunch of jabronies right now. 

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I HOPE so but I don't see any evidence of this. I haven't seen any of this super processing, elite cerebral QB play so far. I've just seen a guy who looks wholly physically outmatched at the NFL level. Has he audibled into an effective play yet? He keeps throwing late across the middle. He got so rattled last night he lined up behind the RG.

I truly hope it's just growing pains but it's harder to believe with a guy who has physical limitations but was supposed to be mentally ideal.

Let's all be honest for just a second. If a division rival had made this trade for a guy who had looked like Bryce has through two games we would all be ROLLING laughing.

As a fan of a division rival, this is exactly true. Hasn't been great his first couple of starts, hardly means Bryce is a bust, he may have a long and successful career ,but yeah, we've been laughing about his play so far.

• Pie 1

some of us knew Young needed more time and a better coach. Knew fit was trash and Reich was trash and Tepper was trash doing dumbass poo for years. we knew this season was going to be bad.

hope you blind homers see it now and the annoying off-season sunshine crowd check out a bit early per usual.

way too early to tell about Young, but if he ends up trash it’s due to this FO. he may not ever be good but he should not be this bad imo

While true we dont know what Brees would've looked like as a rookie, Im convinced he would've looked way better than this.  He would've looked functional at the very least.

Bryce does not look like a starting NFL QB.  PJ Walker was a better NFL starting QB than Bryce is to this point.  

Just like with the JT O'Sullivan videos, hes taking 1 or 2 plays each game and claiming it shows these great skills which make Bryce a future elite QB, but then he ignores the 98% of the rest of the game he played that shows something else, mostly because he likes the guy.  I wanted him to be good.  I wanted him to prove me wrong for the success of our team...  but he isn't good, and I dont see anything that would make him any better under another coach or playcaller.  He is undersized, he has a weak arm, and he lacks touch on any throw 20+ yards downfield.  We literally also subbed him out multiple times on 4th and 1s last night, which in all of my years of watching football, I have NEVER seen.  So he cant run those plays and defenses can compress the field down to 15 yard increments because they dont respect him and dont feel he can hit or will even attempt to throw it deep at all...  and judging from the attempts he's made deep, I dont blame them.  He is WAY off.  

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 2
  • Poo 1

6 minutes ago, Pantherxtreme said:

Sometimes you just have to throw receivers open and give them a chance to make a play. 

Olave wasn't open on that play when he made that acrobatic catch, but Carr threw it up and gave him a chance. 

That's what I'm looking to see. 

Do you think we have a guy on the roster to make that play? One of the reasons I'm down on Fitz is the WR situation.

We've taken two receivers in the 2nd round since he's been around (TMJ and Mingo). I think most of us would agree that a receiver taken in those rounds should be more than a possession receiver. They need to be difference makers.

The jury is still out out on Mingo since he is a rookie. Still, I thought we would have seen more attempts to get him the further downfield. I haven't seen anything from TMJ in our system to suggest he's anything more than a JAG who can be easily replaced.  I think Theilan and Hurst are what we expected them to be. But, we need at least one playmaker (preferably two) who can stretch the field.

• Pie 1

At this point after how he played last night I would be happy if he's just a decent starter for the next several years for us. I guess anything could happen. But let's be honest the comparing our guy to hall of famers coping mechanism hasn't done us any favors. He's not in that zip code. Maybe he could be someday. I don't know that it will be with this staff and our GM definitely isn't doing him any favors with the incompetence in building a real NFL offense around a QB.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, Frank9999 said:

Saying no WRs are getting open is the most delusional nonsensical take ever. All game Bryce would simply not even see guys who were open. 

I’m gonna go ahead and spoil this one for you. NO ONE WAS OPEN. I sat in the first row end zone and watched the entire field as everyone was BLANKETED every play. You just don’t know what you’re talking about little buddy.

• Poo 1