• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young hot take

Zod

12 minutes ago, Pantherxtreme said:

Sometimes you just have to throw receivers open and give them a chance to make a play. 

Olave wasn't open on that play when he made that acrobatic catch, but Carr threw it up and gave him a chance. 

That's what I'm looking to see. 

That was a safe throw though. He just had to air it out and put enough on it that only Olave and not the defender could make a play on the ball. And he almost missed it. Had Olave not made a crazy catch, that goes down in the book as an overthrow. That’s not exactly the same thing as throwing someone open with anticipation into a tight window. 

Im not saying you would do this, but I guarantee if Bryce had made that attempt on a similar play and overthrew the WR by just a smidge and the WR doesn’t come down with it because we don’t have good WRs, this Board would be going ballistic that he hadn’t thrown an accurate ball. 

1 hour ago, Zod said:

I think he is the next Drew Brees if he gets the right coaching.

We don't know how well Brees would have done his rookie season, because he didn't start. But I suspect he would have looked a lot like Bryce.

I was always jealous of how quickly Brees would dissect the defense and that quick gd release. So hard to defend.

I see that potential in Bryce. 

Are you already saying that our all star coaching staff was the wrong choice?

Just now, woahfraze said:

That was a safe throw though. He just had to air it out and put enough on it that only Olave and not the defender could make a play on the ball. And he almost missed it. Had Olave not made a crazy catch, that goes down in the book as an overthrow. That’s not exactly the same thing as throwing someone open with anticipation into a tight window. 

Im not saying you would do this, but I guarantee if Bryce had made that attempt on a similar play and overthrew the WR by just a smidge and the WR doesn’t come down with it because we don’t have good WRs, this Board would be going ballistic that he hadn’t thrown an accurate ball. 

That’s a fair point. Right now the Huddle is coming to grips with the fact that this offense had two really good to elite players, both were traded away, and were replaced by JAGs and a rookie QB. 

The “trade Burns” crowd will quickly become the “we shouldn’t have traded Burns” crowd, just like last week “Luvu sucks” but this week “pay Luvu what Burns wants.”

That is this board in a nutshell. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

I think one thing that most folks have completely overlooked is what looks to me like lack of urgency/ leadership /fire when on the field.  I mean what has the guy done through the past two games to fire up this team to win ?  Cam had it and so did Delhomme.  BY is like an automaton on the field and that inspires no one.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Frank9999 said:

Ok so youre just an old blind homer? Thats more red herring nonsense. Who cares how long youve been on this forum. Your hot take here is nonsense. Hes simply trash right now, and cant even find the WRs when they break open. 

My man found a new word and euphemism. Red Herring. He must really like politics too. I call them orange pufferfish.

2 minutes ago, woahfraze said:

Not really the play where we finally threw it to Chark was an overthrow but we ended up getting a pass interference call anyway.

I was happy that he finally let it loose. 

1 hour ago, AceBoogie said:

Please watch other football games and see how open WRs are due to talent/skill. There hasn’t been a lot of places to go with the football. 

Yep. The only one getting consistently open last night was Thielen.

Bryce can also throw into tight windows because he's had to.

5 minutes ago, Paa Langfart said:

I think one thing that most folks have completely overlooked is what looks to me like lack of urgency/ leadership /fire when on the field.  I mean what has the guy done through the past two games to fire up this team to win ?  Cam had it and so did Delhomme.  BY is like an automaton on the field and that inspires no one.

It worked for them because their team believed in them. If a guy playing like Bryce tries to go all rah rah at some point you're gonna tell the kid to just STFU until he makes a throw or two.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It worked for them because their team believed in them. If a guy playing like Bryce tries to go all rah rah at some point you're gonna tell the kid to just STFU until he makes a throw or two.

The kid is like a zombie or survivor of electric shock therapy.  As I said - that doesn't scream effective  leadership, rah rah aside.