• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Please don't ruin the Rookie

Jmac

On 9/19/2023 at 4:49 PM, frankw said:

CJ always had the arm talent. It was his intelligence and character that were unjustly attacked ala Cam Newton. It's still early we'll see. But man if we end up with the wrong QB from this draft... That stink isn't ever washing off. The offensive coaching staff and players have a long week ahead of them.

Can you imagine if we drafted Jake Locker over Cam Newton and somehow didn't have a 1st the year after to get Luke Kuechly either???

spacer.png

• Beer 1

Frank Reich seemed super depressed in the presser today. Not sure if from the Bryce injury or that his expectations have been lowered. Seems like a guy who was lied to or set up to fail and just trying to make the best of a situation. 

Not a Reich fan, just what I observed by his body language. Reminded me of new sales guy at work trying to explain how a product works for the first time.

7 minutes ago, Cdparr7 said:

Frank Reich seemed super depressed in the presser today. Not sure if from the Bryce injury or that his expectations have been lowered. Seems like a guy who was lied to or set up to fail and just trying to make the best of a situation. 

Not a Reich fan, just what I observed by his body language. Reminded me of new sales guy at work trying to explain how a product works for the first time.

He’s probably getting it from all sides for the poor start on offense. Tepper probably fed up with how much the fans hate him, his fancy new coaching staff looks remedial, so he’s laying into Reich. In turn Reich’s staff is eating turds for breakfast and then crapping it all the way down to the ball boy. They need a win, bad. If they don’t win in the next 2-3 games I think the whole team might implode.

• Beer 1

On 9/19/2023 at 5:23 PM, LinvilleGorge said:

Nope. He legit thought he was supposed to line up behind the RG.

😂

Y'all are missing the point. The point is that his head was spinning so fast that he lined up in the wrong spot. It happens. It would be comical if he was playing well and otherwise looked good.

Head spinning? Really? 

Smh. 

Seems to me he was surveying the field, and hadn't brought his eyes down to realize whom he was behind. 

You are right,  that it happens.  

6 hours ago, pantherclaw said:

Not sure why anyone would suggest we start Dalton. He's a good QB, but he didn't come here to start. 

They drafted Young because he was the best in the class.  They are going to play him, and develop him. 

They aren't going to put that off just because fans are over reacting. 

This team and the HC need to take a step back and figure out the whole sh*tstorm they have created. It won't hurt Bryce to cool out for a game or two and get his head together.

1 minute ago, lightsout said:

He's a 3 time pro bowler with 20+ game winning drives.

He's basically Jake Delhomme if you look at his numbers.

He is a backup for a reason and the same people trying to sell me that he's this or that are the same ones who tried to sell us Darnold and Teddy.

1 minute ago, frankw said:

He is a backup for a reason and the same people trying to sell me that he's this or that are the same ones who tried to sell us Darnold and Teddy.

I'm not saying he's a preferable starter. But I certainly wouldn't call him awful either. Dude's a proven winner in this league which should say something to his ability. He's not somebody you hitch a franchise to anymore which is why Cincy got rid of him but still.

2 minutes ago, lightsout said:

I'm not saying he's a preferable starter. But I certainly wouldn't call him awful either. Dude's a proven winner in this league which should say something to his ability. He's not somebody you hitch a franchise to anymore which is why Cincy got rid of him but still.

There’s also a reason that he’s on his fourth team since Cincy